Pilot-State of Emergency

Everyone was ordered out of the lab so Donnie and Angel could work, but the tensions kept building. April looked faint, gripping at her arms as Mikey and Casey tried to comfort her.

"Calm down, red. Everything is gonna be fine; don and Angel got this handled." Casey said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

April's grip at her arms tightened before staring at the teens who were looking away from the situation.

"Yeah, everything will turn out all right. There is no need to stress yourself." Mikey added with his usual goofy smile.

Leo crossed his arms, facing away from the group. He stared down at the floor, gritting his teeth and working his hand up to a faded scar that rested at the side of his face.

How did we come back to this?

=

———

————

—————

12 years earlier

—————

————

———

=

"Irrilia! Eat your food!" Raph yelled from the kitchen, trying to get the young turtle salamandrian to take the spoon of applesauce into her mouth.

Irrilia wailed in response, slinging the food in his face.

Raph growled, wiping his face as Mikey and Casey began to laugh.

"Shut up, you morons. Don't you have your own kids to be watching!?" Raph raged as the applesauce stained his mask.

Dakota and Cody toddled next to Mikey.

"Speaking of the devil." Casey said, reaching down to ruff up his twin son's hair.

The twins began to wander the room as Irillia continued to make a mess of her breakfast from a couple hours ago.

Casey released a yawn checking his phone.

Cody reached for the oven handle with curiosity as Dakota opened a cabinet. Casey's eyes went wide.

"Whoah, whoah, whoah! Don't do that!" Casey screeched quickly, grabbing for his kids and closing all the safety hazards they had managed to open. "What happened to all the child safety locks?"

"Irrilia chewed them off." Raph groaned.

"What?!" Casey groaned pulling his two sons closer.

"Donnie's supposed to be making some new ones soon. Ones that hopefully will be immune to alien spit." Mikey added using a rag to tie some of the cabinets closed.

"Yikes." Casey wheezed, gripping his Cody and Dakota's hands.

"Could you guys keep it down?"

The residents of the room turned toward the source of the sound.

"Kohanna is trying to nap, and me and Donnie can only drink so much coffee." April stood in the kitchen doorway with heavy bags under her eyes.

"It would definitely be quieter if these two stopped laughing and supporting Irillias temper tantrums." Raph spooned more of the fruit mush and urged it to his daughter.

Casey gagged curling his lip. "Whatever bro. Imma go get some real food. Watch Cody and Dakota while I'm out, and make sure they don't get into anything." Casey said, walking to the door.