Skeleton Trip-What's hidden from us

Back in the lair, the four girls rested on their bunks, not saying a word. Kiba was meditating, hands resting on her thighs as her fingers twitched. Irillia was sitting, legs crossed, and arms crossed as Slinky sat around her neck. Kohanna was laying face first into her pillow, arms draped over the end of her bed, while Iris just aggressively turned the pages of her book, glaring down at it.

The sliding door opened, revealing Cody and Dakota, who just stood there staring at them. Kohanna lifted her head up to look down at them. "So what's the plan?"

Cody scoffed, leaning against the door as he glared. "Our dad believes things are a bit too dangerous for reasons they aren't willing to tell us." Dakota hissed, tapping his foot. The girls shifted their glances to them Iris even putting her book down.

"And now we're stuck." Cody added gritting his teeth.

"Huh?" Irillia turned to them as her pet slithered down her arm.

"Stuck?" Kiba asked, letting her legs rest on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah stuck down here!" Dakota yelled, stepping forward.

"Wait, then what about school? Your jobs? Or the hockey team?" Iris asked closing the book. The twins looked down.

"It doesn't matter. All I know is that if our dad is this worried, something awful has to be happening." Dakota said, placing his hands in the pockets of his hoodie.

"Yeah, and usually, when he would have his freak-out moments, Mom would be able to calm him down." Cody added, turning away from everyone. Dakota's face fell as the others stayed quiet.

"Life sucks."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leatherhead and Spike laid there on the TCRI floor unconscious, with the Axolotl and Salmadrian contained behind them. They were both heavily wounded as they sat behind the fiberglass of their cell in chains.

Vital looked down at the two reptiles, his sword in hand. "Persistent beasts. They still haven't spoken a word." He growled with Chaplin beside him.

"Well, if they can't give us locations, they can still be useful in testing. Those tissue samples will be helpful, but we could also use some neurochemical samples to observe the Antigen effects."

Vital smirked, holding his blade up. "Very well, live dissections it is." He continued lowering the edge of his sword to the alligator's head.

Leatherhead groaned his eyes barely opening and his limbs aching.

The other two teammates gasped and pushed further against the glass as they saw Spike and Leatherhead. "Wait? No!" The Salamandrian yelled pulling on his restraints.

Vital seemingly ignoring them placed the tip of his blade in between the mutants eyes. Leatherhead's eyes turned white as he roared. "NAGH!" There was a searing pain piercing into his skull. The mutant now fully conscious thrashed himself around as he yelled, having to be held down by other soldiers as Vital forced the blade in deeper."AGH!"

"No!" The Axolotl mutant yelled before electric shocks were sent through the chains at their wrists. "Agh!" The masked soldier watched from the back before lowering his head, extra screams radiating in the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------