Pilot 2-Sense of Victory

Donnie gazed at the remains of TCRI that were illuminated by the city light.

"It almost looks as destroyed and barren as it was before." He said, holding his phone, which currently showed Karai and Rockwell's health monitor.

"Yeah, they should have condemned this building years ago, especially after the earth protection force abandoned it." Leo said with Leatherhead beside him.

"Yes, this region was recently re-populated after the Kranng was deemed no longer any future threat." He added.

"Well, that turned out well. Looks like we have another group of sick minds to take care of." Raph scoffed, turning to Leo.

"So what's the plan, chief?" April asked, standing next to Angel, who whipped out her Manriki.

Leo looked at the building with dread. "We want to avoid any physical combat that isn't necessary, so we rely on stealth and speed." Leo said, unsheathing his katanas.

"Then, after that, we come back and pummel them into oblivion." Raph said with a smile.

"No. Well maybe, what matters most is getting in and getting out without risking our kids' lives any more than they already are." Leo replied, glaring at Raph. "Leatherhead, you will buy us time to sneak in and serve as backup if we need it." He continued turning to the Alligator, who nodded.

Donnie handed the mutants the breathing tubes as Casey Mona and Angel readied themselves.

"So are you sure your wife's ok with this? Watching everyone back in the lair." Angel asked, with Mikey jumping around them.

"It's fine. Besides, Shini is over there too." Casey answered only to be interrupted by Mikey.

"Yeah, it took a lot of convincing on Shini's end. She really wanted to kill someone."

Donnie put the breather in his mouth as April looked down at her feet.

"Donnie, what's going on?"

Donnie turned to her, confused. "What do you mean, April."

She grit her teeth. "I'm unable to tell what's happening. I don't know anything anymore. It's like I'm broken, and now all our family is in danger." She said, gripping at her head.

Donnie's face fell before reaching out and pulling her into his arms.

"No. Right now, if it weren't for you, Karai wouldn't be here." He paused rubbing her head. "You are not broken, April. The only thing broken is the minds of these people who hurt our family."

April looked up at him as the group looked to each other for comfort. She steadied her breathing and released her tesson.

"Let's really make this hurt."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the tampered halls of TCRI, spread-out soldiers wandered in pairs.

Raph and Casey looked through a vent as a couple passed. "Ok, five pairs on the 11 floor." Casey said into his Tphone.

April and Angel cracked the door to A janitor's closet. "7 on 13." Angel whispered back.

Leo and Mikey gazed down from a metal ceiling panel. "There's 10 of them on the 15th." Mikey said as Leo snapped a photo of the symbol on their arm.