Chapter Four

The Descendant

"Well lucky for you, my dear, we're having a celebration! So go ahead and eat as much as you want!" -Makarov Dreyar

Angelus Pov.

A soft moan left my lips as I woke up to the sound of cheering, my eyes staring at the ceiling dazedly as I waited for them to focus. Once they did, I sat up from my sleeping position, throwing the blanket off of my body before jumping off of the bed and made my way towards the door. Upon opening it, I looked down the hall both ways before going right, my feet pitter-patting against the wood as I made my way towards the main lobby. Just like last time, I leaned my body onto the banister, watching everyone with curious white eyes as they cheered once again. A frowned graced my lips as I notice unfamiliar faces, cups being hit together as laughter filled the air.

"A celebration?" I murmured to myself as I watched Natsu dance on top of a table. I giggled softly at the sight before placing my chin on my crossed arms, my knees bent slightly as I watched everyone have fun. My ears twitched as I heard a certain laugh, my eyes glancing over towards the bar before landing on a laughing ginger. Knowing that my curiosity would get the best of me, I silently made my way over towards the entertained man, dodging people along the way so I wouldn't have to touch them. As I got closer to the ginger, I blinked up at him as he chugged down whatever was in his cup, a satisfied smile on his lips as he had a chat with the white haired man beside him. I flinched back slightly as the man finally realized me, his hazel eyes staring at me blankly as my fingers began to shake.

"And who might you be?" He kindly questioned

"And who might you be?" He kindly questioned. I stepped back slightly as he stared my body up and down, an uneasy feeling settling in my chest as some type of grin graced his features. "You're weird..." I mumbled, a frown on my lips as I stared at his head. Above it floated a white circle with a black dot in the middle. I blinked as it moved, my mouth parting slightly as it began to jump around. I took another step back as the circle morphed into a white diamond, its black center looking almost like a mist as it floated around inside of it. Shaking my head, I watched as the crystal disappeared, my eyes soon wandering to the man's face as he stared at me curiously.

"SHE DIDN'T STUTTER!"

Looking over towards Natsu, I watched as he began to make his way towards me joyously, Happy flying above him as the pinkette started to spit out fire. I let out a loud shriek of surprise before grabbing the ginger's arm, digging my face into it as I felt my body begin to tremble. "Natsu, you moron! You're scaring her!" I heard Erza scold. Peeking over towards her through teary eyes, a watery giggle leaving my lips as she pulled him by his ear. Feeling the arm shift slightly, I quickly let it go as I realized I was still holding it. A blush graced my cheeks as I stepped back, the ginger giving me an amused grin as I placed my hands behind my back. "S-sorry..." I apologized as I looked down. I flinched back when I heard his laugh, my eyes subconsciously closing as I waited for something to happen.