Chapter Five

Joining Fairy Tail

"Yep! It's a symbol that represents the Fairy Tail!" -Bisca

Angelus Pov.

"U-um..."

"Come on Happy! You're my partner right?!"

"Yeah, but only on missions!"

Sweat dropping at Happy as he exclaimed this, I watched as he ignored his best friend by going to sleep. Giving the pouting Natsu a small smile, I closed my eyes in bliss as Lucy gently brushed her fingers through my hair. "Done!" I heard her exclaim before sensing her taking a step back. Moving my hands away from Carla as she sat comfortably in my lap, I brought them both up to my hair before feeling around.

"I may not be as great as Cancer, but I'm good!" She happily proclaimed behind me. Turning towards her, I gave her the best confused face I muster since half of it was still covered by my bangs. Not expecting her to stare me in the eye, I felt my face heat up as I moved my gazed towards the grass covered ground. "U-uh...W-who's Cancer?" I curiously questioned while twiddling my thumbs. Not being given the immediate response she usually gives me, I glanced up towards her face as she looked at me in surprise.

"That's right, you haven't met them yet!"

Flinching back in surprise a bit, I blinked at her in curiosity as she hit one of her palm with her fist. "Met w-who?" I curiously questioned while tilting my head to the side. "My Celestial Spirits" she replied with a bright smile. Blinking at her in surprise, I licked my bottom lip as my eyes flickered at my surroundings. "Y-you h-have Celestial m-magic?" I asked her as I glanced my eyes up at her before looking away. She nodded. "Yup! You'll probably be able to meet them soon." Nodding my head, I looked over towards Natsu as he began to fight with someone named Max.

I watched with wide eyes as sand and fire and out of their hands, causing me to let out a shocked yelp as I hid behind the giggling blonde. "I-is that m-magic t-too?" I shakily asked while pointing a finger towards the fighting duo. "Sure is!" Lucy exclaimed as we watched fire and lightning come out of Natsu's mouth. "Cool..." I whispered out as the pinkette fell to the ground. Blinking at him blankly, I tilted my head to the side in thought before slowly making my way towards him.

Kneeing closer to his sprawled out body, I hesitantly poked him with my finger before quickly pulling away as he opened his eyes. "A-are y-you okay?" I softly asked as I stared at him from behind my bangs. Watching as he turned his head my way, I let out another surprise yelp as Natsu suddenly sat up. "I'm fine, Angel!" He assured before standing up. Nodding my head, I stood up as well with a small smile on my lips.

"Angel! Come inside so you can eat!"

Looking over towards the guild, I stared at Laxus as he stood at the entrance before jogging over towards him. After following him inside, I stayed quiet as he sat me at the bar before watching him as he set a large plate in front of me. Looking at it in disbelief, I gave the hidden expression to the large blonde as he stared down at me with his arms crossed over his chest. "I-I can't e-eat a-all th-that!" I squeaked out while vigorously shaking my head. He frowned. "At least try to. You're too light for my liking.." he muttered. Pouting at his words, I looked at the plate with wary eyes before slowly digging in.

"And so...I have decided to retire."

Looking up from my plate, I glanced over my shoulder and stared at Makarov as he talked to the guild. Hearing everyone around us gasp, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before taking a quick spoonful of rice as Laxus sent me a stern look.

"So I will now introduce to you the next guild master..."

"I'm honored.."

"Not you, ya nit."