Chapter Nine

Suspicions

"He smells like Chancy...but at da same time, he smells like something really rotten" -Angelus Mortis

Angelus Pov.

I looked around in awe as we entered Crocus, Danja and Nar roaring at each other excitedly as I held them in my arms. "So pretty..." I breathed out as I looked around with hidden wide eyes. I could tell that Wendy and Lucy agreed with me, both of their eyes wide as well as we met up with the rest of our guild members. "What took you guys so long? I already signed you up!" Giggling softly at Makarov's nonchalant expression, I happily gave Asuka a cheery wave as she sat on top of his shoulders.

"Natsu wanted ta stop an' smell da roses."

Scowling at the words that flew out of my mouth, I gave everyone a sheepish smile as they stared at me with wide eyes. "Is everything alright Angel?" Wendy worriedly questioned as I began to fidget. "Y-yeah. I'm fine..." I mumbled as I diverted my attention away from the suspicious glances I was getting. Rolling my shoulders to ease the tension, I looked up at the sky as I sighed through my nose.

You're such a butt.

I'm ye, ya idiot.

Rolling my eyes, I silently gazed around as the people around us started to murmur.

"Oho! It looks like Fairy Tail's here!"

"Watch as they come out last this year too!"

"I don't even know why they try, they suck anyways!"

"They're just going make fools of themselves!"

"Idiots!"

LET ME AT 'EM!!

Wincing violently, I cautiously brought a hand up to my head as I tried to calm her down. Hearing snide laughter, I closed my eyes tightly as she continued to fight to be set free. "Who's laughing?!" I heard Natsu roar out from behind me. "Just let it go!" Erza ordered as I left a hand on my shoulder. Looking up, I made eye contact with Bisca as she looked at me with worried eyes. "Are ya alright, Angel?" She asked as she bent down a bit. Nodding my head stiffly, I looked up at Chancy as he let out a soft snort. I raised an eyebrow as he gave me a knowing look, both soon shooting up when I realized he knew about her.

I'm ye too, ya nit.

Groaning mentally in annoyance, I ignored Nar as he laid on my head as I gave my attention back to Natsu. "Ye shouldn't c-care about they say 'bout us Natsu. I know fer a fact dat they will be cheerin' for us when we win" I proudly proclaimed with a smile on my lips. And not the small ones I usually use. No, this one was wide and genuine, making my guild mates look at me with awed eyes as heat slowly began to creep up my cheeks. Finally no being able to look at them anymore, I looked down at the ground as my whole face burn from the inside out.

I thought ye was cute.

I thought I got rid of you.

Ye thought wrong, me dear.

Gritting my teeth silently, I decided to pay attention to the conversation in front of me as Bisca held up one of her guns. "Last year when I didn't participate, they held up a sharp shootin' contest" she informed. "And the year before that -when I didn't participate- they had a foot racing contest" Jet proclaimed as he began to run in place. Frowning at the information they gave, I looked up as my nose twitch. Feeling my frown deepen, I glanced around as I tried to find out where the familiar smell was coming from before letting them land on a huge gold castle.