Chapter 4 - The Creature

"Stop! Wait! No!" I cried, whilst my grip on his arms were ripped away.
I reached through the bars, tears escaping my eyes. "Ciel!" I screamed.

The child was weak and frail, yet he still attempted to struggle. He was brutally forced onto the altar, the masks gathered around to stabilize the squirming boy.

Ciel cried for mercy, he cried for salvation, but that did not aid his current event. It was as if they were deaf to his mourning cries for help.

I watched, helpless, feeling like a burden. I shut my eyes, blood tight, looking away just as the mask drew his dagger to the heavens.

...

No scream?

...

Still hunched in that ball of fear, I slowly opened my eyes. I breathed softly, huffing away the dust residing at the bottom of the cell.

...

The clinking of heels echoed throughout the room. It was as if the place was empty; unlike before. My eyes widened in fear, as I winced at every sound shattering step.

Silence lingered within the chamber, until those words emitted through an unfamiliar male's voice.

"What is your name?"

I cocked my head towards the voice, to see a dark, ominous aura approach Ciel. I nearly fainted from such a scene; a truly horrifying site.

Ciel, conversing with a being of immortality. We're talking about a child..

"My name is... Ciel. Ciel Phantomhive. The one who will inherit the House of Earl Phantomhive."

"I see, that'll be fine. Then I should take a form suitable of being in service to an earl."

And with that, a tall male humanoid emerged from the darkness, a devilish grin plastered across his face.

"Well then, give me any order,

My little lord."