Chapter 6 - Identity

"Demon, relieve me of these strains. I command you to take me away from this putrid arena immediately!"

A dim light emitted from the right side of my neck, and there formed the official emblem of the contract; a pentagram. The demon smirked, ear to ear, replying, "As you wish, milady."

He came forth, bending the bars of the cage effortlessly. He reached his hand through the hole, helping me up. As soon as I took a step out, I was scooped off the ground. "Please hold on, milady, I do not wish to allow harm to you."

Before I could reply, the demon had already began heading for the nearest escape- dodging falling debris and scorching flames. I shut my eyes, blood tight, and cuffing a hand over my nose and mouth, whilst holding on with my arm around the demon's neck.

Suddenly, I had a feeling that we were off the ground. The demon's grasp tightened, shielding me, and to my realization, he had just burst through a window. I opened my eyes once more, peering back at the burning building before me.

I was shocked, seeing an old warehouse that belonged to my own family's company.

But, how?

The demon halted in his tracks, standing upon an empty grass field. He glanced back at the building, watching it be engulfed by flames. He let out a sigh, then glanced down to me.
"Milady, you are in very bad shape. Shall I aid you?"

"I'm fine. You can put me down now." I was gently places down, a bit unbalanced, but I was alright. I looked down at my tattered apparel, frowning.

"Shall I mend a new outfit for you?" It was as if he read my mind. "No thank you." I replied, looking back at him. He gave a simple nod, glancing at the surrounding forestry. It became silent- only the wind and flames could be heard.

"Thank you." I finally spoke, looking down. The butler gave a soft chuckle, followed by a smile. "It is my duty to protect my master."

"More like your meal, demon." I pointed out the obvious, grinning. I looked up and watched the building collapse upon itself in the distance, sending embers flying.

"My, you are correct, but I do not wish to refer to you as a meal, milady."

I huffed quietly, turning towards him. "May I ask of your name?"

"It is of your choosing, milady."

I gave the question some thought, thinking back to my time before hand.

"Zeke. Ezekiel Louis."

"And why would you choose that name, milady?"

"It was my cat's name."