Chapter 7 - Here again?

After countless hours of walking, Ezekiel had to continue by carrying me the rest of the way. I soundly fell asleep, exhausted by such a hike.

• a few hours later •

"Milady," he whispered, nudging me softly. "please wake up."

I opened my eyes slowly, stopping halfway. My blurry vision was still overcome by sleepiness. I reached up to my eyes, rubbing them gently. I glanced up ahead to see something familiar- is that my home!?

Shocked by the sight, I jolted out of Ezekiel's grasp, hitting the floor and landing on my knees.

"Wow thanks." I hissed, muttering to myself as I stood up to brush myself off.

Zeke chuckled softly, helping me to brush dust off my knees. "What can I say? I'm unused to this kind of things, mistress."

He shrugged lightly, relaxing his shoulders as he stood up unusually straight. I raised a brow at his posture, and sighed. Before he could utter another word, I swatted him in the stomach, at least causing him to wince. "You look too stiff. It's- abnormal."

I shook my head, 'tsk-ing' as I did.
"I may have to teach you things then."
Zeke simply nodded, a soft grin gazing down on me.

I turned to the matters before us. We were currently at the sight of my destroyed home. How nice..

"What am I supposed to be doing here, Zeke?" I turned my head towards him with a questionable look.

"If it is as the young mistress commands, I shall fix up this place immediately." My eyes widened at his statement, and I quickly objected.

"But that's impossible! You don't know the floor plan or even what it lo-" I was cut off by Zeke, who seemed like he had a stable manner.

"Milady, it is my job to fulfill whatever the lady wants or needs. And, I will certainly fulfill them. I must perfect my skill to your liking." I rolled my eyes, hearing one Hell of a short speech. 

I turned on my heel, looking up at the structure. "If you do manage to fix it with ease, please do not make it suspicious, do a little at a time? I do not want to be caught with such abnormal actions on my name."

I continued towards the shattered manor, a slightly weak stride following me. I shooed the demon away, allowing him the time he needs to do the job.

As I recall, I had some stuff to find in the piles of rubble and mud. I crept around the piles of debris, gazing at the still-standing walls that formed what was left of the rooms. I climbed the soaked steps to a set of tall, wooden doors that have been knocked off their hinges. I poked my head inside, cautious of what may be slinking around here, too.

I maneuvered through the rubble from old furniture, all the way to my play room. It was only a few minutes of digging through my toys when..