Chapter 5 - Survival

The chamber went up in flames; the corpses began to catch fire to create an even more ominous sight.

I coughed huskily, raising a fist to my mouth. Through blurry vision, I watched as embers and smoke engulfed the room.

I still lay in that locked cage, unable to escape my probable death. I choked back tears, knowing my fate would be sealed. In those last moments, I curled up in the corner, hugging my legs.

God has turned his back on me; leaving me here to suffer when I could have had a future..

Damn it.

I raised my head, tear streams visible on my cheeks. The aura of fear that surrounded me had vanished, as I stood bold and tall. I was not myself, as I was taken over by courage and an unknown, irking feeling inside, which I freed without hesitation.

"Demon! I, Eveera Wilde, call thee to grant my wish, and in return I shall allow you to feast on my pure soul!"

A moment a silence lingered within the crackling of embers..

"My my, what a statement, young female."

I glanced around the room, unaware of where the disembodied voice emitted from.

"You've heard my calling, and you shall head my word!"

"Now, is that so? Do you allow yourself to become a creature of Hell's meal?

To never enter the gates of Heaven?

To fulfill your wish?"

An eerie feeling soon took over me, as a hand emerged from the clouds. The limb seemed to be made of compressed smoke. I stared at it, knowing it will completely change my fate.

"Now, young female, do you wish to form a contract with me?"

"Yes. I will form a contract, demon, to fulfill my wish, and it is to destroy whoever landed me in this cage! The people who set me up for my death."

A soft chuckle emitted from the smoke, as clouds compressed into a humanoid figure.

The figure was a tall mid-aged male, with dark brown hair, a chiseled jawline, soft green eyes, and a wicked smirk. He wore a uniform equivalent to high class servants; which was particularly rare to me.

"Grant me a command, and I shall obey, young mistress."