The Retrofit

*first person Kaiser*

*BOOOOOOM*

"You really had to push him this far? To the point I got involved? I am sorry I had to break our agreement and show myself but I can't lose you, Kaiser."

The voice said to me as she stopped the Fox from tearing my jugular.. I look up and see the most beautiful violet eyes looking down upon me... Empress...

"Empress... I nearly failed you, failed the promise I made... I am sorry... please forgive me.." was all I could say. I look around and see the battlefield stand still. Here stood to them the most powerful siren stepping in and saving me, and me saying I failed her... yea I'm going to have to do some explaining aren't I?

I soon see the Fox sisters regain composure and order something. I cant hear them, my visions going blurry, I'm losing consciousness due to blood loss.. My rigging is gone, as I fall she catches me and whispers to me

"I promise you, I will not let you die. I will return you to your world.. please do hold on a minute longer Kaiser.. Emperor..." she silently says as she holds me from falling..

With the last of my energy I radio to the others "Enterprise! It's me Kaiser, don't fire on Empress please! Im summoning my ship and she's going to stay on it and I will explain later but... please trust me..."

As I summon my ship everyone has looks of shock, my tower is nearly shorn in half, my guns are near destroyed and I'm listing to the port side... but my reactors are holding and I'm still afloat. Emergency repairs are underway.

Before I lose consciousness completely I feel myself being carried to my ship, I owe you Empress, I really do..

*POV THIRD PERSON*

As the Empress carried Kaiser ever so carefully into his ships medical bay, even lending some of her power to speed the repairs Enterprise relayed the information to the Azur Lane fleet. While they did not like it, they trusted Kaiser and Enterprise's decision.

Soon Kaiser is laid on a medical bed, now hooked up to all the relevant equipment to keep him stable on the trip back. Empress diligently by his side patiently waiting, soon calling out to Enterprise and the others to see them.

What they see shocks them, Kaiser, with only a pair of pants laying comatose. With an I.V. Bag hooked up with a glowing purple substance instead of blood, he's covered in burns, scars, wounds, and bites of the Fox familiar..

Enterprise: "He took this much damage?? And he still managed to hold his own..." she states shocked. As she looks towards Empress they share a glance, understanding the situation.

Enterprise goes to get a closer look, noticing even his tail is wrapped in bloodied purple bandages, seemingly radiating heat. She tries to lay her hand on his only to be met by a reflex. His tail immediately wraps around her wrist stopping her, thankfully not hard enough to hurt but enough to deter any more movement.

Empress: "He has good reflexes even when not conscious. I would refrain from touching him unless you want to accidentally awaken more of that instinct... seems I am the only one able to touch him, but I am the one currently allowing power into him to speed his admittedly good regeneration." She looked at Enterprise, and Enterprise saw not the leader of the Siren, not a bloodthirsty war lord... but a hurt and worried woman... someone who is calm on the outside yet worrying on the inside for someone she cares about... she can't help but ask.