Chapter 8: Reception & After Party!

After a quick walk down the hall to the reception, we got to the dance floor for our first dance. It was what I had taught Jason on our third or so date- the waltz. He only knew it one way, where the other person was the leader and he was a follower so I began to lead the dance as the music began playing.

  It was a song he wrote for me after we got engaged. There was guitar, piano and clarinet. It was a beautiful instrumental that I adored. We danced the length of the song and when it came to an end I quickly kissed him again as my step-father approached for the father-daughter dance. Jason also danced with Esme.

  We danced to the song happily as I relived the moment when I first met him and how he began to rebuild my trust in not just men, but in other humans. I was able to catch some glimpses of Jason and Esme dancing together, it warmed my heart.  Then the song ended.

  Everyone sat waiting for Jason to dance with his mom but they didn't come on the floor. Instead after what looked like much persuasion on Jason's part, he walked over to me.

  "Love, do you mind if I dance with your mother? She's agreed if you're fine with it."

  "Yes, love. Go ahead- you still deserve a dance with a mother figure." Jason's mother was like my father.

  Their only differences were that she was not as bad and only verbally abused him and not physically. And of course, she wasn't in jail like him.

  He walked over to my mother and led her to the floor and I led Esme over and began to dance with her. People looked shocked and confused to say the least, wondering where Marylyn was and why he was dancing with my mother.

  After they finished their dance and me and Esme finished ours, everyone began dancing, champagne was being served and people were starting to loosen up. After thirty minutes we were seated for our meal to be served. At the front table sat me, on my left Jason, my right my maid of honour, and next to her my mother then step-father, Esme was in between me and Jason and his best man was next to him. His groomsmen followed and my bridesmaids sat next to my stepfather. Our ring bearer sat next to their father, one of the groomsmen.

  We were severed our food and began eating. There were three options of meat: chicken; beef or pork. There also were mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, rice or salad and for veggies there were carrots, turnips, green beans, peas, and corn or you could select some and have them mixed. There were also some different types of bread for example: white; a baguette; sourdough and my favourite: the crusty loaf. It was dense and the outside was very crunchy. Its texture is pleasing and tastes wonderful.

The drink options were: champagne; sparkling water or flavoured sparkling water; there were juices; water; tea and coffee as well.

I had chicken, rice, a mix of carrots, corn and turnips and two slices of the crusty loaf bread. It was awesome. I also had flavoured sparkling water.

After everyone finished eating we chatted for a while then it was time for me to toss the bouquet. All the bridesmaids lined up behind me.

I turned around and was about to throw it when I turned back around and walked it over to Willow. She looked shocked, to say the least, and didn't notice the others parting behind her. Just then Finn tapped her shoulder and she spun around. She quickly looked around and then noticed the top of Finn's head.

  By this time I had backed away and Willow took a couple of steps back.

  "Willow, will you marry me?"

  "Oh my god, YES!!!"

The photographer took some photos of them as we had asked him to if she said yes. After that, we went outside to take group photos of the beautiful sunset.

We took one with all of the guests. Then one with only our students, then another without our students. We took photos of just me and Jason, some with me and Esme and some with her and Jason. We also took some with the three of us. I took some with my mom and dad some with just my mom and some with just my dad. I took some alone as did Jason.

Jason also took some with my mom and dad. His dad was sick so he couldn't attend, but we did have an iPad on a face time with him, and his mom... ANYWAY. We then took some with me and my bridal party and some with Jason and his groomsmen. We took a family photo with my parents Esme and Jason. We then gathered and took one of me, Jason, my bridal party and the groomsmen. Esme included. Ash was then brought out and took some photos.

Some with me, Jason, Esme, and my parents. Everyone then gathered around again and we took another group photo with everyone as well as Ash. The photographer then showed us some photos of Ash and she looked so happy.

After an hour of photos, all the guests went home as well as our students. My bridal party, the groomsmen, Esme and our close family stayed for the after-party. My dad quickly brought ash back home and returned shortly after.

There were delicious snacks the same drinks as before, awesome music to dance to and not just slow stuff. We had fun, we partied! We drank, except me and the kids- we stuck to the sparkling water, flavoured sparkling water, water and of course, an all-time favourite, juice.

One of my little cousins, James, who just turned four wanted to dance with me and his twin sister, Emily wanted to dance with Jason before they had to go home. So we picked them up and walked over to the dance floor, popped them down and began dancing with them.

Cotton Eye Joe came on as it was one of the songs on the playlist and since I had taught nearly everyone still here the song we all started dancing. Esme joined in and this was the twins' last song before they left and they tried to dance after me showing them last week.

We all had a blast as the night went on. Family members with kids began to leave later in the night the older their kids were and some kids wanted to stay. Some ended up falling asleep while having fun with Esme. We partied till midnight when it was time to leave parents had to carry out their sleeping children.

Jason picked up Esme and Eva followed behind him. I came out of the building last and got situated in the front as Jason placed Esme in the backseat. I hadn't yet changed out of my dress as it was easy to move in and comfortable. Alice was right, the underwire was not bothering me at all, I even forgot about it.

Jason got in the passenger side and buckled up. I turned the key and started to drive. By the time we reached home, Eva had fallen asleep next to Esme and Jason had also fallen asleep in the front. I gently shook him awake and he got out of the car and got Esme, this woke Eva up. I went and unlocked the house. I went into my room and changed out my dress and into my comfortable pyjamas. I took down my hair and cleaned off my face and makeup and brushed my teeth.

I went into Esme's room to check on her and Jason had tucked her in. I went back to my room and saw Jason sitting on the bed fumbling with the buttons on his shirt trying to undo them.

"Love, let me help." I said as I reached him and began unbuttoning his shirt for him.

"Thanks love." He said. Jason can handle 3-4 drinks no problem but he had about 5 or 6 glasses of champagne tonight so he's a little tipsy.

I finished unbuttoning his shirt and helped him slip it off as well as his pants and get into his pyjamas. I crawled into bed next to him a couple of minutes later after he brushed his teeth. I snuggled up to him and rested my head on his chest and he wrapped an arm around me.

"We're married now, love." I said closing my eyes.

"We are. Love you." He said kissing the top of my head.

"Love you too." And we both fell asleep.