29. Paper Rings

Alison had been gone three days and it felt like an eternity in little Amelias mind. But when she got the family cook out she was greeted with smiles.

before the kids could attack her, trevor pulled alison into his arms and held her with the crushing embrace of someone who'd committed to spending his life with her. She melted with gratitude.

She felt so safe in his arms. Amelia barged through hugging Alison telling her how much she missed her.

"I wasnt gone long." Alison remarked.

"Forever. Three days was basically forever." Amelia corrected.

"Sorry i was in writing mode. Radio silence."  Alison added.

"Radio?" Amelia questioned

"Dont make me feel old." Alison chuckled.

"Come on lets get you something to eat."  Trevor remarked weaving alison through the people. Betty held out a wine cooler and alison smiled at the smile strawberry margarita flavor.

"Thanks betty," alison agreed taking a sip.

Trevor loved how easily alison fit into their life. Her oarents showed up their dogs running around the big backyard. Bethany and amelia chased after the dogs.

Their parents got on good. Alisons parents loved amelia. Knew that alison always wanted to be a mother so they were excited she finally found a good guy. A family man. Not a lone wolf like she had in the past.

Trevor held to alisons hand as she swayed to the music. He might have had a voice like a long forgotten piano but he had the moves. He held her hips spinning her around.

It was the perfect end to the beginning of what was going to be the rest of their life.

Alison chuckled as he dipped her down and pulled her back up into a deep kiss.

Alison looked around at her friends and family as they chatted and ate. Ran around the yard. Trevor pulled away from alison begrudgingly.

"Im gonna start the fire. Be right back." Trevor remarked.

Alison loved that he was a man that could get his hands dirty. She watched him stack up the logs get the twigs. Threw a match in and watched it spark. He blew gently on the sparks.

"Hes a good boy my trevor." Donna remarked.

"Yes he is." Alison agreed. "Smart man too."

"He really loves you. I have never seen him love like he loves you." Donna remarked fondly.

"I have never loved like I love him." Alison added happily.  Donna smiled hugging her.

"You two look out for each other."

"I will." Amelia agreed.  "Hey-" trevor passed them holding up a finger.

"Dont move. I need something." Trevor countered.

Alison chuckled. Amelia grabbed her hand spinning around with her by the fire until trevor got back and cut in holding alison so him.

"Thank you for making tonight perfect." Trevor remarked.

"You make every day perfect." Alison assured.  "Darling, you're the one I want, and I hate accidents except when we went from friends to this. Darling, you're the one I want. In paper rings, in picture frames, in dirty dreams. you're the one I want." Trevor smiled as she kissed him.

"You are the one I want." Trevor echoed. "And Alison," he looked her over again "You look beautiful." Trevor remarked. Alison did a spin her in sparkly dress.

"I like shiny things but I would marry you with paper rings."

"Could have Saved me a lot of money," trevor whispered pulling out a ring. "Its no paper ring... but Alison Short, will you marry me?"