𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭

Kailani woke up with her ears ringing as the sun peeked through the now open shades

Kailani woke up with her ears ringing as the sun peeked through the now open shades. Her eyes squinted slightly as they slowly opened, but she shut them quickly because of the brightness. She assumed her mother or maid had came in sometime while she was asleep and opened the blinds, just like it always was when she awoke. Kailani let out a small grunt of disgust. Hurricane Agatha had his last night, and Kailani didn't manage to sleep well at all, and she instead only got sleep after the storm had calmed down in the middle of the night. Now, she lays in her bed with an excruciating headache from listening to the storm all night. 

A small ding came from her right side, and she turned her head that still rested on her pillow. She reached over and grabbed her phone from her nightstand as she noticed a text message from John B.

'Arriving in 5, be ready.'

Kailani sighed as she threw her arm with her phone in hand onto our bed. She threw her covers off her, as she stood up and her bare feet fell to the floor. She got changed into a bikini and put and top and pair of jean shorts over the top. She took her necklaces and bracelets as she slipped them on, and she would definitely getting a lecture from her mother for wearing too many bracelets at once, but she didn't care. She slipped on her flip flops and made her way out of her dimly lit room.

Her family dog, Scout, came bounding up to her with his tail wagging and tongue hanging loosely out of his mouth. Kailani smiled at him and gave him a small pet, and she made her way down the stairs. The house was deathly silent, except for the muffled machine work from outside, as workers cleaned up the Combs Estate.

The noise, however, grew extremely louder as she opened the back glass sliding door. Scout ran outside happily and towards the beach, where the docks of the Combs house extending very long into the marsh of Outer Banks. She noticed the HMS Pogue docked next to her dock, and she noticed John B in the drivers seat, while Pope, Piper, and JJ were spread out randomly on the boat. Scout ran towards the boat in excitement and hopped inside. Scout went up to JJ, and the dog rubbed his head against the blonde boy's leg.

"Morning, Kai," Piper called, and JJ moved away from Scout to help Kailani into the boat.

JJ reached his hand out to her, and Kailani took his hand with a grateful smile as she climbed onto the boat, "Morning, Poguies."

Kailani flopped down onto the small sectional cushions, with Piper next to her. John B continued to drive, while JJ and Pope sat on the bow of the HMS Pogue. They drove towards the Carrera household, where they saw Kiara and Tamara walking down the dock with coolers in hand.

"Oh, top o' the mornin' to ya!" JJ called to the girls, and Tamara laughed at his antics.

"Good morning." The two girls coursed with smiles as the HMS Pogue slowed down, and the girls walked down the small set of stairs on Kiara's dock. The girls walked along the side of boat.