𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐤𝐞𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

Kailani came downstairs from her bedroom on her phone as her family was gathering around the table for their weekly dinner

Kailani came downstairs from her bedroom on her phone as her family was gathering around the table for their weekly dinner. Kailani set her phone down on the counter with the rets of the phones, because of the rule that during dinner there was no phones. Kailani came into the dining room and took a seat in between her older brother, Tanner, and her father, Robert. Her mother, Lila, and her younger sister, Tracey

"So, how was everybody's day?" Robert asked, taking a bite of his food.

"Good. Topper and I went down to the Country Club and played a couple rounds," Tanner explained with his mouth full of food.

"That's my boy, soon enough you will be flying across the country for golf," Robert stated with a smile, and Tanner had a proud look on his face.

"Tracey? Kailani?" Robert questioned, looking between the two.

Tracey swallowed her food before sitting up straight, "Wheezie invited me over to go shopping with her and Rose. Then, I came back here, and mom and I had a small movie marathon." Tracey glanced at Lila was a smile, and the younger Combs daughter received one in return.

Robert nodded with a smile, and he then turned to his middle child with a small glare, "Kailani?"

"Umm, I took Scout on a small walk this morning, and then spent the day walking around with Tamara and Kiara," Kailani lied with small innocent smile to pull it off.

Kailani knew her father hated when she was around the Pogues, so she never told him. She only told him when it was completely necessary, which was rare. Let's just say, Robert Combs hates Pogues.

Lila noticed her daughter's innocent smile, but she would question that later. Lila leaned towards Robert a bit more, "Darling, did you hear? Scooter's body was found in the marsh this morning. They're saying that he was out during the storm." Kailani's eyes slightly widened in shock, and Tanner seemed to have noticed as he raised his eyebrows at her, "I can't imagine how Lana is taking it," Lila muttered before turning to her kids, "Would you guys join me in visiting her tomorrow? I was thinking we could bring her a small pastry."

"Of course, mother." Tracey said with a small sad smile, and Tanner nodded in agreement. Lila turned to her oldest daughter, who was fiddling with her finger nervously.

Kailani opened her mouth, but closed it, but she eventually opened it again, "I, uhhh, I actually have plans, but I'll see if I can switch something." Lila smiled at her daughter and gave a small nod. The table went silent as the clanging of dishes was heard, but Kailani eventually broke the silence, "Umm, mom, dad."

"Hmm," Robert hummed through his mouth full, while Lila simply looked up.

"There's this party down at the boneyard tonight, I was wondering if I could go," Kailani stated, nervously glancing at Tanner, who gave her a small nod.

Robert and Lila glanced at each other, when Robert leaned forward on the table, "Will their be Pogues at this party?"

"Well, um..." Kailani trailed off, setting her fork down.