𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲

Kailani, Piper, and John B stood at the front door of the lighthouse, and Kailani looked at John B with an unsure look, "Remind me what we're looking for again

Kailani, Piper, and John B stood at the front door of the lighthouse, and Kailani looked at John B with an unsure look, "Remind me what we're looking for again."

John B looked between the two, and after a moment he responded, "We'll know it when we see it."

"Okay," Piper sighed, and John B knocked on the door, and after a moment Piper shrugged, "Nobody home."

However, right when Piper said that, the door opened to reveal an older gentlemen, causing Kailani and Piper to jump back in shock. John B managed to get past his shock the quickest, "Um... we're here for the lighthouse."

"The lighthouse is closed," the man said beginning to close the door.

"Um..." John B started, but the door was slammed in his face, "Actually, we... we aren't here about the lighthouse. We're here about the, uh... the Royal Merchant."

The door than opened again to reveal the same man, "Them you came to the right place."

The man then let them inside, and John B and Piper shared a worried look as they stepped in first, with Kailani following behind them. The man began to explain what he knew from his time, "I know more... Watch your step here... about the Royal Merchant than anyone else in Kildare County."

The man lead them to the balcony that overlooked the coast of Outer Banks, and Kailani and John B looked at it in awe.

"Holy shit," John B muttered and Kailani glanced over at him in awe as she admired the light of the setting sun on his face.

If it was just the two of them under better circumstances, then Kailani could almost say that it was very romantic. Key word, almost.

"C'mon," the man said, beginning to walk around the balcony with the three teens following, "Now, the Merchant disappeared in the graveyard of the Atlantic in 1829."

"With four hundred million," John B said, and the man nodded.

"Correct," the man stated, stopping and turning to John B, "You're a bit of a Merchanteer yourself, huh?"

"Uh... somethin' like that," John B said with a small shrug, glancing at Piper.

"Well, follow. me. I wanna show you somthin'," the man said with a chuckle as he lead them around the side of the lighthouse, and Kailani and John B shared a nervous look, "I've been workin' 30 years up here. The view's never changed till two days ago." The man then pointed to the point of Kildare, and the three teens followed where his fingers were pointing, "The Point's almost gone. One more storm like that, it'll take the lighthouse. I'll go with her. Now, the trick to knowing' where the Merchant it... is knowin' whether she was on the north end or the south end of the eye of the storm. Now, most experts believe that she was on the south end. Now, she's on the south end, the bands from the hurricane would have pushed her back out to sea. But I don't believe that," the man said as he stepped closer to John B, causing Kailani to take a small nervous step forward, "Uh-uh. I think she was on the north end of the eye." The. man chuckled, "Which means the bands would have pushed her..."