𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐲𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

The Pogues had a plan

The Pogues had a plan. Made by JJ Maybank himself.

Kailani and Kiara would distract the security guard at the gate, while the rest would find the drone and leave without being seen. The Pogues were on their way to where Kiara had parked her car with her boat trailer attached to it.

John B and Kailani were in front, while the rest were spread throughout the back.

"Pope, we're not stealing the drone. We're borrowing it," John B explained from the driver seat.

"'Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality,'" Pope quoted, causing Kailani to let out a small chuckle.

"Did you come up with that?" John B asked in an impressed tone, but it fell when Tamara responded:

"No, Albert Bernstein came up with it."

"But it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing," Pope stated, and Piper and Kiara thought for a moment before nodding in agreement.

"Oh," Kiara muttered in slight shock.

"So, which is it?" Pope questioned, "Fantasy or reality?"

"Why are you so weird, Pope?" JJ asked, and Pope glared at him.

The group went silent, before Kailani decided to respond to Pope's question, "It's fantasy, but possible reality."

"Reality," John B simply stated, and Piper shrugged at this.

"Virtual reality," JJ said, causing most of the group to furrow their brows in confusion.

JJ was about to take a hit, when Pope took the blunt and put it out, "Keep the signal clear?"

"You know what your problem is?" JJ questioned, slightly angered at the amount of seriousness Pope had.

Pope and JJ began arguing, and John B parked on the side of the road, while Kailani and Kiara got out of the Twinkie. Kiara walked straight to her car that was on the other side of the road, and she started it, while Kailani walked around to John B's side as he rested his elbows on the open window.

"Hey, don't worry. You got this," John B said reassuringly, sending her a small grin.

"It's not me I'm worried about," Kailani told him as she began to walk away.

"Got it. Let's hope this works," John B said, and she nodded before following Kiara and getting into the passenger side of the car.

The two girls drove, and they pulled up to the salvage yard. They got out and closed their doors lightly, as Kailani looked to Kiara and glanced at the gate and security guard. Kailani looked to Kiara and began to pull out a bobby pin from her back pocket, "Watch him for me."

Kiara nodded and leaned against the hood of the car, while Kailani walked around to the side of the car and began to let the air leak out of the tire. Once she felt like it was enough, she walked up beside Kiara with a small nod. They both put big smiles on their faces as they walked up to th security guard and gate.