𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠

Kailani didn't managed to convince her father and uncle to let her stay home from Midsummers, but she did manage to convince them to let her go early with Kiara and the Carrera couple

Kiara had an indigo satin dress that was similar to Kailani's, except tighter around the thighs, and she wore a magenta themed flower crown. Tamara would've come, but she couldn't because she was Tanner's date to Midsummers.

"Girls, we'll be helping get the food unpacked, Kailani your father said you don't have to walk in with them if you don't want to. Please be safe," Anna, Kiara's mom, told them before walking away with Mike.

Kailani turned to look at Kiara, "So, where to first?"

"Well, I personally see Pope standing over there, and he does in fact have food, so I'd say that's our first destination," Kiara said, and she and Kailani began making their way over to Pope, "Also, we all deserve an explanation on how you and John B both magically disappeared."

"That is a story for another time," Kailani said with a smile at the memory's nd kiara sent her a look.

The two walked up to Pope, and they put on fake English accents, "Excuse me, sir. Do we have to shuck these ourselves?" Kiara asked, and Pope turned around to them.

"'Cause it might mess up our costumes," Kailani said in her English accent, and the three began chuckling.

"We wouldn't want that now, would we?" Pope said sarcastically, and Kiara and him did the Pogue handshake before he and Kailani did it, "That accent was bad."

"It was," Kiara agreed in her normal voice.

"I was gonna let it go," Kailani said with a shrug in her normal voice, and Kailani and Kiara moved to stand in line with Pope.

"You ever seen this many Kooks in one place?" Pope asked, and Kiara shook her he'd, but Kailani nodded.

"Yeah. Last year," Kailani stated, and Kiara giggled.

"We're in the lion's den," Kiara said, and Kailani nodded.

"Exactly," Pope said, and he turned to Kiara, "Hey, have you heard from JJ?"

Kailani's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Wait, what happened to Jayj?"

Kiara and Pope shared a look, and Kiara nudged Pope to speak up, "Uh,... I might've sunk Topper's boat, and JJ... JJ took the fall for me. Shoupe arrested him."

Kailani let out a breathe of sadness, "Shit."

"Yeah," Kiara muttered, "But he'll be all right. He's got the survival instincts of a cockroach."

"It's all my fault," Pope said, and Kailani looked to him sympathetically.

"You didn't do this, Pope," Kailani said softly, and he turned to look at her, "Look, we all know JJ is loyal as fuck. He took the fault because he loves. Because that's what friends... you know, screw friends, that's what family does. JJ's gonna be okay. We're all gonna be okay."