𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐥 𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥

Kailani had tried on many different dresses that John B had chosen out, but they both agreed that none of them really fit her

Kailani had tried on many different dresses that John B had chosen out, but they both agreed that none of them really fit her. Eventually, she chose a cute summer dress and paired it with white heels and chose out some jewelry. She walked out of the dressing room with a smirk, and John B looked at her in complete awe and shock.

"Wow. You look... Cl- I mean, you- you clean up nice, Viv," John B told her from his seat in the chair Kailani had once sat in.

"You have a way with words, Vlad," Kailani said with a smile as she put her other clothes into John B's bag, which he allowed.

"Um..." John B said, standing up as he cleared his throat, "So, do we have a winner?"

"I think we have a winner," Kailani said, giving a little twirl.

"Yeah, I think so," John B said in agreement, looking Kailani up and down.

"Yeah," Kailani nodded, and the two chuckled at their closeness.

They looked at each other directly in the eyes, and they had small smiles on their faces.

"Can I ask you something?" John B asked, and Kailani nodded lightly, "Why did you come?"

"To finish the mission," Kailani simply said, but she was joking.

"No, for real," John B pressed, slightly lowering his head towards hers.

"Because..." Kailani said, playing with the ends of her hair, and she let out a sigh, "...I am 17, and I already know what the rest of my life is gonna look like. It's gonna be... stupid yacht clubs filled with hallow people making useless talk, and I feel like it I don't get out of the Bubble Wrap now, I never will. And then, by the time I'm 30, I'm going to be an alcoholic, and I won't even notice it."

"Well, I kind of like some of that Bubble Wrap," John B told her.

"Be careful what you wish for," Kailani told him.

They looked at each other, and before they knew it, they were both leaning in slowly. John B, however, stopped it as he cleared is throat, and Kailani was the first to speak, "Um... Best to keep it professional. We've got a job to do. Come on. Archives. Now."

Kailani began walking to wards the register as John B began packing up his own clothes.

"Okay, the library's not open all night, so we need to hurry," Kailani finished as she began to pay.

~~~

"Thank you," Kailani told the taxi driver as she and John B got out of the taxi that they had taken to Chapel Hill.

"Yeah, yeah," the driver muttered back, causing Kailani to role her eyes.

John B closed the taxi cab door behind him as they stood on the side walk in front of Chapel Hill, and Kailani lead him down the sidewalk, "So, the library's on the other side of the student center. Have you ever been here before?"