𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧: 𝐣𝐣 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐬

Kailani arrived late that day

Kailani arrived late that day. They were supposed to test the drone, or ROV as Pope liked to call it, but Kailani couldn't be there for it. Because, let's just say her father found out.

That morning, Kailani walked down the stairs, getting ready to head off to the Chateau where her friends were waiting. However, what she was not expecting was he father standing in the kitchen with a cup of coffee as he sipped it every once in a while.

"Good morning, Kailani," Robert said, and Kailani stopped in her tracks as she turned to look at him a tight smile.

Kailani smiled, "Morning."

"Where are you heading off to this early in the morning?"

"Umm... Kie invited me and Tamara to go surfing later, and we were just going to get some breakfast and hang out for a bit," Kailani lied, "I'm probably going to spend the night there."

Robert hummed and nodded in response, and he finished his coffee before placing it in the sink. Kailani stood there in front of her dad as she began to fiddle with her hands.

"Oh, that's so weird, because I thought I told you to stay away from those Pogues," Robert said, leaning against the counter.

"I am, that's why I'm with Kie and Tamara," Kailani explained, and she was becoming nervous.

Robert nodded in agreement, "Well, why did I get a charge on my credit card for $2500 from Kildare County Jail?"

Kailani's eyes widened slightly, and she began to stutter, "Look,... Dad-Dad I can expla- explain."

"Yes, I would like an explanation, why is your mother giving that much to the jail?"

Kailani thought for a moment, "Okay... Kie, Tamara, and I were out shopping, and we went to a really nice jewelry shop. Tamara, she thought it was funny to sneak some jewelry into me and Kiara's pockets... as a joke. She forgot about it, and when we were leaving we got caught, and the police just took us into questioning. Mom had to pay for our bail, I guess," Kailani explained, and Robert nodded, "I'm working double shifts at the Wreck to pay it back. I promise."

Robert nodded, and he scratched his stubble, "All right, but I want it payed back by next month."

Kailani nodded, and a look of relief came upon her face, but her father didn't notice as he had turned away from her, "So, you, uh, you don't mind that I go hang out with Kiara and Tamara?"

Robert looked at her before nodding with a shrug, "Sure, just be home tomorrow at an hourly time."

Kailani nodded, and she walked out of the kitchen. However, right when she was out of sight from her father, she rushed out of the house and to her car as quick as possible. When she arrived at the Chateau, she rushed down the dock to see her friends sitting not he dock, with Kiara, John B, and Piper in their swimsuits soaked in water.