I: Accursed Fate

I: Accursed Fate

Third POV

The town of Hisui.

A large and lively area filled with lower class to upper middle class. 

Just north of the town, was the Toshiro Mountain range; off limits to the townsfolk of Hisui, simply because of the race of Onis living there.

Dangerous, bloodthirsty, flesh-hungry, barbaric creatures that had no thought for anyone, but themselves.

Or so, the rumors put it.

And it was quite easy to back up, as following the conclusion of the Omega Blood war, between the northern town of Hisui, the Western town of Sinon, the Eastern town of Kirigaya.

All against the elusive and mighty army of the Oni under their leader, The Oni Emperor.

One of, if the the most bloodiest war in the region's history, that happened over two thousand years ago, as it all came down to one thing.

The Onis expected the townspeople to offer up without complaint an individual of their royal courts choosing, but on the grand year or the year when the Emperor was of age, he was to make his choosing and eventually claim his special omega.

One to be the promising mate of the current Oni emperor and the dam to the future emperor or empress.

This was something many of the towns dreaded; for the town elders were forced to make a choice, as to who they'd have to rip away to their families as a sacrifice to ensure waste wouldn't be laid to their home?

None of them knew what truly went on once a person was delivered to the first Tori gate leading to the summit of Mount Toshiro.

What horrors one might face at the hands of such devilish creatures, let alone having to be the one at the mercy of the Oni Emperor.

36 years ago, the chosen one came from Kirigaya province, and to say that things didn't go so well when it was alleged the chosen omega wasn't what was expected and then tried to run away was an understatement.

Aside from the women and children, sixty-five percent of the men, and the town leaders had been killed along with the omega for their insolence as the true chosen omega was taken away.

Now, the alleged omega that was to be chosen next this time around was speculated to be in the town of Hisui.

• • •

"May I please purchase just a single loaf of bread..?" A low yet, warm sounding voice spoke up in the marketplace.

In front of a food stall, no less.

"Seriously, Izuku?" A man with such a gruff demeanor raised his brows, handing over the the bread, "Every time you come to my stall, you put my family and myself in jeopardy; you and your little death cloud should stop showing up around here."

The boy named Izuku nodded, feeling a stinging sensation on his upper back again, "Apologies."

As he paid then quickly turned away.