XVI: Charlatan to Emperor Consort

Third POV

Two days had passed since the pupping night.

Much to Katsuki's dismay, he was expected to stay away from Izuku for three days so the Royal medical staff could ensure that the next following emotions Izuku felt were actual signs of a successful pupping and not an inner need for the emperor.

For the most part he'd kept himself occupied by fulfilling his duties and listening to the plans about Izuku's potential introduction to the rest of the Oni population.

• • •

"Now, let's review," Yaoyorozu's voice sounded in the master chambers, "Starting with greetings," 

"As the emperor consort, you bow to no one except..?"

Izuku, without looking towards his notes or missing a beat answered, "No one except my emperor."

For the time being, he was on bedrest.

As embarrassing as it sounded, Katsuki had done quite the number on the omega's body as he barely had it in him to even walk to the bathroom.

"Excellent," Yaoyorozu nodded, turning the page to the second lesson, "Now, let's go over your responsibilities as an emperor-consort."

"Okay, I am to stay out of sight unless necessary," Izuku recited, recalling the three grand rules, "Always represent the Oni royal family in an utmost manner,"

"...and never fail to appease the emperor."

Speaking of Katsuki, Izuku felt a bit strange since that night.

He got the feeling he'd said something he probably shouldn't have.

"I love Katsuki."

At least, something he shouldn't have said so early.

Izuku placed a hand on his stomach, feeling a strange sensation coil within his stomach each time he did. It was a warm sensation.

He wondered what Katsuki had said, if anything at all when Izuku had said he loves him.

He felt his cheeks suddenly go warm, picking up the lesson book with great haste to cover up his exterior as Yaoyorozu's wrote something down.

"Yaoyorozu," Izuku suddenly squeaked out, immediately drawing the attention of his instructor, "Have you seen Katsuki as of recently?"

Yaoyorozu maintained a blank expression, "I have, although, I suppose you haven't considering we're waiting on results."

He touched the silk attire that they had placed on him, different than the kimonos.

"I cannot see him earlier? Must I wait the full days?" Izuku imposed, feeling his expression become dampened.

"Unfortunately that is typically the case." Another voice rang, with both Yaoyorozu and Izuku looking up to see General Uraraka and General Iida standing by the doorframe.