XVII: Ones Before Us

Third POV

The council room had became stuffy and warm.

Hence why Katsuki insisted they go sit outside.

Although, Izuku was surprised when they weren't immediately teleported to the garden or one of the reserved areas behind their shared bedchamber.

Rather to what looked to be a private grave site.

It was organized, as each tombstone was in pairs.

"Each couple from the first oni emperor and his lover to the most recent, which is my own parents." Katsuki mumbled, staring at the tombstones that was covered in hyacinths, closest to the right.

"Did they die young?" Izuku questioned softly, feeling a bit flustered while being held princess style in the emperor's arms.

"No, We don't actually die due to old age, rather it's ailments or simply our time to make room for the next emperor and emperor consort." Katsuki answered, as he then stopped in front of one set of tombstones in particular.

His face was solemn as Izuku took notice and looked down to them as well.

The one closest to the left had the name of Yoichi, and next to it was Kudo.

"Kudo, was my ancestor, and the second oni emperor," Katsuki stated softly, "Yoichi was his wife."

"And it was their love that caused the Omega Blood War all those years ago."

Izuku looked up at Katsuki, a bit of shock and curiosity on his sweet doll face.

Katsuki looked to the sky, then forward to sit at one of the stone seats just a bit further from the tombstones.

He settled Izuku beside him, picking up one of the fallen hydrangea petals and beginning to entwine them into the omega's hair.

"To begin, the omega blood war started much longer than what was originally told," Katsuki reminisced, "Oni's we're here first, as we had resided in these mountains and valleys for many centuries when settled invaded and claimed the area as their own."

"We were upset, but so long as we could control majority of the mountains we chose to let it slide and leave them alone so long as they left us alone."

"I see..." Izuku nodded, leaning closer to Katsuki.

"Though that's were the niceties between humans and Oni's end." Katsuki grimaced, "It started with Kudo and his claiming."

~The forerunning to the Omega Blood war~

"My darling, Yoichi," Emperor Kudo's voice called out longingly.

It was unheard of in all the years that had passed.

Some emperors never found their mates and some did.

But, in Emperor Kudo Bakugo's case, his fated was a human.

From the lower town of Hisui.