X: Cerulean Blue

X: Cerulean Blue

Third POV

A week and a half had passed since that fateful dinner.

In that time, Izuku rarely saw Katsuki.

He'd smell faint traces of the Enigma when he woke up in the morning in their shared bedchamber, but there was no sight of him.

Even when Izuku fell asleep, sprawled every which way and the lesson books scattered about on the bed, Izuku would always wake up perfectly with the sheets over him and the book laid next to him upright.

He had different lessons almost every other day with Yaoyorozu, a private education hired Oni.

Then when lessons were over he'd go to the library and pick out whatever book he wanted to read to keep him occupied until it was time for slumber.

It was routine.

• • •

"Okay, now my liege, what is our primary currency as noble and royal oni folk?" The woman named Yaoyorozu questioned, looking at the omega in front of her.

"Megolova." Izuku nodded, staring at the jet black, long haired woman that had a vermillion colored flame aura that spiraled around her ponytail, "For the lower towns is called Megaleva, and two hundred of them is equivalent to one Megolova."

Yaoyorozu smiled, her flames flickering as she nodded, "Correct again; too many details, but you're just that diligent."

Izuku flushed slightly, looking out the Shoji doors that revealed part of the garden, slightly surprised to see general Todoroki.

Lately, he'd seen him more often around the garden area of the palace.

Sometimes he'd be accompanied with another oni, otherwise he'd be alone.

"We've finished economics." Yaoyorozu cleared her throat, garnering Izuku's attention once again, "we can either stop here, or we can start early to the next subject."

Izuku looked down to his palms, then to the Todoroki who was staring out into the distance.

"I-I'd like to stop here." Izuku bowed his head, "Thank you for the lessons."

Yaoyorozu nodded, closing her instructional book, feeling just a tad bit weary at how Izuku got up and went after the general.

Being acquainted was fine.

However, harboring even the minute of feelings would be catastrophic for both parties involved.

Izuku was slow in his pace, not even needing to call out to the general who suddenly turned around and spotted him.

Choosing to meet Izuku halfway on the stone pathway that went around the palace.

"Good morning, Todoroki." Izuku smiled, as the two of them bowed to one another.

"You as well, Midoriya." Todoroki nodded, "I was just observing the lower district, if you care to join."

Izuku nodded, "Observing sounds nice, though honestly after reading so much I'd like to go down myself."