Soul Eaters

ALEX P.O.V

The way the school system is being run feels like we're being led by a headless fucken chicken as soon as Headmaster John leaves for his business meetings. An assignment that was supposed to be easy turned into a shit show.

A student was enrolled, and we were to bring her in. We did that. Now, it's being said that a new level A student was supposed to be joining this semester. I never got notified, but it wasn't my problem. I brought Mikaela to headmaster John just like he assigned us to do. I did that-I mean we did that.

It became my problem when the group received a zero on our assignment. Therefore, I received a zero.

'Level A student never showed up for orientation ' was sent to me individually, leaving me no choice but to forward it to Megan and Rei.

Fucken fantastic.

Catching John in the office has been harder than getting Megan to drop the kiss drama that apparently bombed my reputation. This was all according to Megan, who discovered the dramatic scene from the students' grapevine.

"I can't believe that bitch kissed you! Now everyone is going to think you're a couple." Megan cursed, calling Mikaela a bitch for the millionth time as we left the Headmaster's office.

Rumors were nothing new to me. Hearing the whispers and murmurs about me from the student body was a simple chip over my shoulder. However, for some reason, Mikaela felt like a boulder. Though it was painfully obvious, she didn't budge on the uniform swap. The red jacket looked as if it could swallow her whole. Despite the layers of clothing that hid her true shape, she was petite and slender. The sensation of the kiss was unlike any other I had experienced, both alluring and irresistible. I mentally scolded myself and refocused. Her lips were not the time for my mind to wander, especially now.

"So we're grabbing Mikaela out from the assignment she's at. Why not just wait until they're done? " Rei said, rubbing his eye, tired from binging another anime series.

"Because they aren't safe," I said simply as if it was obvious. Rei gave me a confused expression. I expected him to ask for further details, but luckily he did not. Megan appeared to be just as lost, but she kept her lips tight.

"Megan, any word from Jessie? He was the one leading the group." I quickly added, hoping she could find the location. She didn't miss a beat before answering, "He didn't respond, but with the beauty of Apple's location and the school system running again, I was able to find an address."

"Good." I breathed with relief, knowing that part was out of the way. Megan forwarded the location as Rei let out a loud, long yawn.

"Can you stay focused? We can't screw this up again!" Megan snapped, growing frustrated with Rei once again. Rei's eyebrow furrowed, irritated that he was being chewed out by her constant nagging. Usually, I would let them hash it out or mainly scream it out, but this was not the time. Before this fight spilled out, creating an even more delay to our tight schedule, I summoned Vlad, finally getting my annoying group members to shut the hell up.

Finally, some peace and quiet.

"Vlad, take us to the address that Megan sent us," I stated as Vlad made himself visible, appearing out from the shadows.

Vlad is the only Soul eater known in the school. The students and faculty fear Soul eaters as all beings should. Every supernatural creature avoided them, even top predators like vampires or werewolves. They are the true essence of monsters and parasites with the sole purpose of indulging in humanity's suffering. The only positive trait they possess is their limitless power when an unfortunate soul creates a contract with them.