Chapter 10

Akutagawa opened the door that held a plate on the door standing 'Atsushi' on it. He made a quick look around before he walked to a bed next to a window. As he made sure she was on the bed, he took the wet cloth away. "Do you have a restroom on this floor?" Akutagawa asks. Atsushi only nodded her head. But then she whined a little because of the pain. "Don't talk, I will try to find it. Wait a little..." Akutagawa said as he stood up and left Atsushi's room. As he was in the restroom, washing the bloody cloth, Akutagawa's feelings were all mixed up. 'Why....?!' He thought as he remembered Atsushi from his past life wearing his first kimono that was gifted by Fukuzawa. 'I should have told him! I should have told him my feelings back then! But now....' Akutagawa thought as he looked at the wet cloth The red blood mark was slowly disappearing. His eyes were twitching because of his mixed feelings.

Downstairs, both Chuuya and Dazai were sitting on the couch as they were thinking about their theory of Atsushi's health being. "How can you be sure that is Atsushi's memories?" Dazai asks. "You remember when Falling Camellia told us about Atsushi fainting at school? She told us that after the first crack, the symptoms will be a weakness that a person can just faint or be paralyzed." Chuuya said. "Still, she could have been wrong," Dazai said. "But, how much was she in pain with you?" Chuuya asks. "Not a bit! I think, it mostly happens when there are a lot of ability users. Maybe, because of our ability energy...?" Dazai said. "There is no such thing as an ability energy. If you had one, Atsushi would have told you about Byakko-sama." No Longer Human said. For the Tainted Sorrow only nodded their head in agreement. "Maybe you tell us since you longer have the promise with Atsushi," Chuuya said. "The thing is, the memories are psychically hurting Atsushi and her mind knows they will not bear it, so that's why they choose to faint." No Longer Human said. "Psychical pain....?" Chuuya said. "What you saw Atsushi fell, her mind made her paralyzed to feel less pain by the memories." For the Tainted Sorrow said. Both Dazai and Chuuya were worried. "Is, the crystal ball cracking...?" Dazai asks.

In Atsushi's room, Akutagawa was holding the wet cloth on Atsushi's head as the white-haired girl was sleeping. Akutagawa couldn't help but stay as he looked at Atsushi's sleepy face. 'I'm an idiot...' He thought as he looked away. Soon Rashomon appeared. "Huh? Why are you out? Are you not worried about how Atsushi will look at you? She may not remember you..." Akutagawa said. Rashomon only looked at Atsushi. Then they walked up to the desk and they opened the small chest. A small light came out to reveal a cracked crystal ball. Akutagawa was surprised to see the ball that he stood up and walked up to the desk. Rashomon moved to give Akutagawa the space. Akutagawa only looked in amazement at the crystal ball. 'So there is, Atsushi's memories...' He thought as he took the chest closer to him. Rashomon was worried about what his user will do next. Soon, Akutagawa made a touch of the crystal ball. But as soon as the crystal ball was touched, they shattered into many pieces. Akutagawa took one step away as Rashomon opened their mouth in shock. Atsushi screamed in pain as she rolled to the side and held her hands on her head. Akutagawa reacted fast and he ran to Atsushi. "Hey! You alright?" He said with worry. Soon a pearl was broken in half as it fell. Rashomon was shocked. Atsushi opened her eyes. Then as she looked up, her eyes widened in shock. "You alright-" "Get away!" She pushed him away. Rashomon quickly caught his owner as the dragon and Akutagawa looked at Atsushi. "Why are you here...?!" She said.

"Have you forgotten? You fell and your head was in blood!" Akutagawa said as he was annoyed by the situation. Atsushi was shivering. Then she noticed the chest was open. She quickly stood up and ran to her desk. Akutagawa quickly stood up as he looked at Atsushi. Atsushi's eyes were even wider. Inside the chest, were only broken pieces of the crystal. "Atsushi....?" Akutagawa said. Atsushi only looked at him with tears. "Why did you do that...?" She said. "Pardon?" He said. "I never wanted to get back my memories! Now I do! Why did you even touch it?!" Atsushi said. Akutagawa flinched when he understood what she meant. "You, you got your memories back...?" Akutagawa said. "Of course I do! Why did you even do that?!" Atsushi said. Rashomon looked away with shame. Atsushi began to tear up even more. "Rashomon? Why....?" She said. Akutagawa looked at his ability. 'I shouldn't be shocked, Atsushi was with our ability for 107 years...' He thought. "The promise, the promise you tell the truth about their deaths..." Atsushi said. "What?" Akutagawa said. "Don't 'what' me! Or you don't remember how you died?!" Atsushi said as she pointed at Akutagawa's chest. "Of course, I have the memories! I'm not with amnesia!" Akutagawa said. "I know my cause of death," Akutagawa said. "Oh, so you know I was the cause of your death and, you can hate all you want!" Atsushi said with a smile. Akutagawa flinched. "What? Were you, blaming yourself..?" He said. "Blaming?! I'm only saying facts!" Atsushi said. Soon a loud slap appeared. Atsushi looked shocked as a red mark was on her face and a small shatter appeared on Rashomon's face.