Chapter 15

Fyodor was reading a book while sitting on the bench next to him was a cello case. "Oh, there you are!" Dazai appeared. Fyodor looked up and saw Dazai with Atsushi coming to him. "And I can see you are very late. Nothing has changed. Poor working place in the future..." Fyodor said as he closed his book. "Oh come'n. It's not that bad. And besides, you wouldn't mind waiting if I needed time to find you." Dazai said as Fyodor stood up and took his cello case. "Shut up," Fyodor said as Crime and Punishment appeared behind Fyodor. "Oh, PiN. I'm happy to see you." Atsushi said. Two men looked confused. "PiN?" Fyodor said. "Well, how will Crime and Punishment be in your language, Fyodor-san?" Atsushi asks. Fyodor placed his hand under his chin. "Well, in Russian it would be 'Prestupléniye i nakazániye' and- Now I see where the nickname reason..." Fyodor said as he finally understood. Atsushi smiled.

"So, you made some nicknames for our ability?" Dazai asks as they are walking somewhere. "Well, yeah. Vita asked to call her Vita and Demon Snow with Golden Demon asked to call them Yuki and Kanae." Atsushi said as Fyodor was taking on his earphones on his ears. But left his one ear to be open. "Huh, and what about Crime and Punishment?" Dazai asks. "Well, he was pretty cold to me. But, he said that he didn't care what I would call him." Atsushi said. Crime and Punishment flinched. "Oh, is that so? Is that how you treat your Sudarynya?" Fyodor said. "Shut up! And she was Súdar*!" Crime and Punishment said. "That was in the past, now, it's present," Fyodor said. "Um, Fyodor-san. Why do you have earphones?" Atsushi asks. "Oh, it happened in Russia a few years ago. And everyone thought I had schizophrenia, so I decided to wear headphones so that I wouldn't be admitted as a psychopath...." Fyodor said. "Oh, is it hard with these kinds of psychology in Russia?" Atsushi asked as Dazai held his sister's hand Atsushi came up to the edge where the plants were. "Well, it's complicated..." Fyodor said. "I see..." Atsushi said.

"But, Fyodor. How was your reaction after you came back to life?" Dazai asks as Atsushi jumps down and she lets go of Dazai's hand. "Well, I was shocked. And confused. But my life didn't change so much with my family. I mean, nothing bad with them, but, we still hold the religion, Orthodox, and, I still am an Orthodox. You can see by that." Fyodor said as he showed his cross. "Shouldn't cross just have two sticks to be together?" Atsushi asks. "Ah, well, that one you know is mostly a catholic one, but we have more than two sticks that are stuck together," Fyodor said as he hid his cross under his jacket. "Ah, I see...." Atsushi said. "In Christianity, there are three types of them, right? Catholic, Orthodox, and Lutheranism." Dazai said. "Yeah, that's right..." Fyodor said. No Longer Human and Crime and Punishment just looked at each other, before they sighed. Atsushi noticed their reaction.

"Ugh! This is so messed up!" Ryuunosuke said as he held his pillow on his face. Gin only looked at her brother while behind her was Rashomon resting on the tree house. "Oh come Ryuu. You did confess her, go and ask for a date!" Gin said. Ryuunosuke threw his pillow to his lap. "Gin, I did confess to her, but she didn't react much to it, and after that, she avoided ME! For a whole year! Ugh!" Ryuunosuke hid his face again by his pillow. Gin looked surprised at her brother. "Wow, I guess, she has a hard time processing, her enemy from her past life is in love with her, while she hated you back then...." Gin said as Rashomon opened his red eyes. "Who hates who?" Rashomon asks. "Atsushi and your user, that's who," Gin said. The dragon snickered. "None of them did,"Rashomon said. Both of the siblings looked confused, and Ryuunosuke sat up and held his pillow on his lap. "What do you mean?" Ryuunosuke asks. "Are you that dumb?" Rashomon asks annoyedly. "What do you mean by that?!" Ryuunosuke shouted as Rashomon rolled his eyes. "What I mean, Atsushi had feelings for you," Rashomon said as he showed his side eye. The siblings were shocked. "Wait, 'had'....? That means she doesn't have feelings for him now....?" Gin asks. "Who knows, I don't by now. I was with him for over 100 years. This may be Byakko-sama knows." Rashomon said as he turned his head to rest on the wooden floor. Gin looked at her brother, and Ryuunosuke looked all in shock and shame. 'Did I, make her hate me more....?!' He thought.

Evening

In Oda's household, Atsushi was in her room and lying on her bed as she looked at the ceiling. But soon she took her pillow and hid her face as she screamed on it. "And again you scream on your pillow. Now a year." Byakko said as she was reading the Book. "Shut up! You don't know my feelings! To think, your long enemy who is your crush after some freaking stupid time, and then you see him die, and then you want him to live a better life but you want to be hated! And you later on know he has feelings for me!" Atsushi said. Byakko only looked at her, before she rolled her eyes and looked back at the Book. "Pff, not that different I must say," Byakko said. "What do you mean?" Atsushi asks as she looks at her ability. Byakko flinched. "It's nothing..." She said. "Hey! Wait a minute! Byakko! Please tell me, you onøy told me about your parents. But nothing about your love life, or, you are not comfortable about this?" Atsushi asks. Byakko looked at her. Then Byakko sat on Atsushi's bed on the edge. "My love life is like yours." She said. "Is it?" Atsushi said.

"My lover was from our enemy's country. And he was the only one who accepted me as who I am. Even if I wasn't a human being." Byakko said. Atsushi smiled. "He must be a great person. But, what happened to him...?" Atsushi asks. Byakko was silent. "We were caught, and, he was executed right in front of me...." Byakko said as she got a flashback of a young Byakko, who looked like Atsushi, looking shocked at the black-haired man holding a male head with black hair and white on the bottoms of the hair. Atsushi was shocked. "And that's when I began to plan the revenge, you remember how Yozo and his friends died?" Byakko said. "Yozo didn't die, you took his soul. And Flawless with Discourse on Decadence died when the war started." Atsushi said. "That's because I started the war, and I promised the enemies victory," Byakko said. Atsushi was shocked. "And so, they did win. But they did not take the lands. Since they knew my power. And I never promised that I would be on their side." Byakko said as she looked at her claws. Atsushi looked down. "And by that, you and Akutagawa reminded me of myself and my lover," Byakko said. "Is it...?" Atsushi asks. "Mhm, since you have my face. And, Akutagawa is just a copy of my lover." Byakko said. Atsushi was surprised. "Now go to sleep. But let me tell you, don't make Akutagawa think badly about all of this." Byakko said. Atsushi was silent as Byakko began to leave. "You read the Book, because, there is about your lover...?" Atsushi asks. Byakko stopped floating. Atsushi understood. "I see. Good night Byakko." Atsushi said as she laid down held the blanket on herself and wrapped it. Byakko looked at her. Then at the Book. Before she hugged it while she was leaving the room.

Súdar= Sir

Also, an old Russian word that was used for the noblemen back in Imperial Russia.

(1331 Words)