Chapter 28

Michael's POV

Jet-leg fucked me up. It took us nearly 24 hours to arrive at London Airport and we rushed right into the apartment, which was rented for us to have a quick rest, before we would have the first ever acoustic performance this afternoon.

I thought about texting her during the time up in the air - of course, I did - but couldn't really think about why I should make this even harder than it already was.

I had to, though. I sure hadn't fully recovered from the addiction which was Allison by title and didn't really know if I was able to do so anytime soon.

When Amanda by Green Day started to play in my headphones, I couldn't resist the urge much longer.

Allison, don't you know? I'm not strong enough.

It was a mistake, clearly. We had to grant each other space, knowing this wouldn't work, if I tried to keep her around.

It was impossible.

As soon as I got back my guitar case and luggage, everybody giving me tired but encouraging smiles, I rolled my eyes as we left through the huge glass walls.

Fuck, it's cold.

Calum next to me, sipped up his jacket, giving me a shocked expression.

"At least, it's not raining" I shrugged as I of course now felt the first drop on my nose.

Ashton slowly turned to me with a death glare, pushing his hood over his hair, the glasses he wore soon covered with little rain drops.

"Great, Michael" he groaned, cleaning them with the hem of his shirt underneath.

I grunted angrily as we all sat down in the cap, heading downtown towards Ashbourne Road.

"Hey Michael, can you you help us carry-"

Throwing the closest bedroom door shut behind me, I fell into the sheets.

No chance, I could sleep now.

As hard as I tired, still completely demolished by my first every flight, I couldn't help but think about getting out Allison's good-bye present.

"Fuck this" I groaned and clicked-open the buckles of the black, Gibson guitar case next to the bed I was laying in.

She placed the book in the middle pocket where I also kept my picks and tuner in.

A dark brown leather-case was framing the rather thick book which I hesitantly twisted in my hands.

Sitting back on the edge of the bed, I went through my hair which was so washed out by now that it pissed me off big time.

Maybe this was it. Maybe I should have a complete new start and maybe I should hit it off with a new hair color?

Before I would face my past, should I maybe take a step into the future?

Grabbing my black coat from one of the bags, that everyone else had neatly stacked in the little hallway, I opened the front door.

"We have our gig in some hours, don't get lost" Ashton suddenly spoke next to me and I turned around.

I looked back at him, the door handle still in my hand.

"I'll just go see if there's a Target around"

With that, I closed the door behind me and stuck my hands in my pockets. It was November. Why the hell was it that cold in November?!

Time-zones were so confusing - even more since I felt that jetlagged.

There was no Target to be seen, but after walking down the street for 15 minutes, brick-house after brick-house passing me, I found a supermarket.