18.

Lying down on the huge bed, I close my eyes and take a much needed deep breath. I feel my body sinking further into the California King, wanting to open my eyes and this all be just a bad dream. I am forced to return to the reality that this is really life when I feel the bed dip beside me. Turning to face my right, I open my eyes to see Taehyung doing exactly as I have; lying down and taking a very deep breath.

"Some day, huh?" I break the silence, hoping it will relax my boyfriend.

"Some day." He replies, turning onto his left side to now face me. "I'm so sorry, Priya."

"Shush." I peck his lips twice before speaking again. "I know this wasn't in the plans, but we can make the best of it."

"Are you sure you'll be okay with this?"

"I have to be." I huff lightly. I want to believe in my words, which is why I've said them aloud. "I will be. I want to be with you, so I will make do."

"I don't deserve you." Taehyung smiles softly, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead, nose, and then meeting my lips. "I promise to make sure you're well taken care of."

I return a gentle smile, nodding softly in acknowledgment. Taehyung is the president of an entire nation. I know he'll make sure I'm protected while I'm out, but as my significant other, I know he'll personally protect me within the walls of this building.

Taehyung pulls me into his chest and my body slowly relaxes as he just simply holds me. Out of nowhere, my tears begin to flow. In a matter of mere hours, my life has drastically changed. I'm scared, angry, frustrated, and worried- I'm extremely overwhelmed in the grand scheme of it all. My silent tears become sniffles that turn into quiet sobs with my body lightly shaking in the process. He pulls me in closer, allowing me to cry and moisten his button up with my tears.

"I'm so sorry." He repeats his statement from earlier letting his voice slightly crack. It isn't his fault, yet he's apologizing. "I'm so, so sorry. I promise everything will be okay."

As he lies here holding me, I try my hardest to escape from the looming thoughts swirling around in my conscious. I don't want to think about any of this right now. I just want this to die down so I can return to living quietly- well, as quietly as possible.

Taehyung clears his throat before sitting us both up. He leans in and I allow him to kiss me. He's so soft and so gentle; I feel the care in the kiss as I feel the warmth from his own tears that have fallen from his eyes just now. I match his intensity, which is very light and subtle. It's my way of matching his care.

I acknowledge that, yes this is a lot for me, but I understand how heavy this is for him. It isn't just my life that's been affected and, if anything, I have it easier. I'm being hidden away when he has to go in front of everyone like everything is okay. It isn't fair to him.

Releasing us from the kiss, I press my forehead against his. "It'll be okay. We'll be okay."

"This isn't right." He admits softly. "I'm so tired."

"I know. I'm not going anywhere, though. It's just us."

"It's just us." He repeats, a peck being placed on the button of my nose.

We stay this way for a moment. With the only noise coming from the ticking of the clock on the wall, I finally feel a sense of peace. I'm safe and will be protected. I get to be with Taehyung more now because of these circumstances so maybe this will work to the benefit of us both. We both stated we wanted to settle down and this just kick started that process. This will be good for us, I feel. I am starting to believe myself more when I say we will be okay.

"Babe?" Taehyung speaks. I hum in response, signaling for him to continue. "I'm going to get undressed, like naked undressed."

"Oh, yeah. Okay." I say as I let him go.

I watch as he stands and begins to get undressed. I just admire him and how strong he is of an individual. I assess every inch of what and who he is, in no sexual way. I am adoring Taehyung as a man.

I will myself to stand and follow suit, getting undressed as well. He's now in bed under the covers and I follow his eyes. They hold just about the same admiration mine hold for him. I quickly gather my loose clothing articles and place them on the ottoman near his loveseat and rush to join him in bed.

Once I am lying next to him, he pulls me in and snuggles me closely, my face buried in his chest once more. My mind follows his fingers as they gently trace the sides of my frame. This is what the both of us need. When you are able to lie next to someone you care about and want to build and flourish with, you don't need to have sexual contact to obtain intimacy. Sometimes all you need is that person in their rawest form. I have him and he has me. This is a level of intimacy that cannot be matched.

He kisses the top on my head and I can't help the smile that slowly spreads across my lips. I adjust my frame, now level with his face to see a smile of his own. I quietly, almost silently, say the first thing that comes to my mind and I have no regrets when they are finally spoken aloud.

"What did you just say?" Taehyung's reaction is priceless. His eyes widen just a bit but his smile grows larger. He's heard me, but I feed his ego and repeat myself anyway.

"Taehyung, I love you."

°

AGES. IT HAS BEEN AGES SINCE I LAST UPDATED!!!!!! For all of you who have stayed & waited for me, you have no idea how much that means to me. I have been so busy with working that I can hardly find time to write. Well, I found some time today & made it happen! I'm so sorry I've made you all wait so long! I hope you enjoy this chapter & continue to wait for me as I find more time to do what I love & that's write! 💖💖💖💖

.
.
~S.xx