10. Enlighten

A/N:
>>>>> = Time Skip
<<<<< = Flashback
*=*=*=*=* = Next Scene

Lovely Reader,
Thank you for the reads, it would be very much appreciated if you gave my chapters a 'vote'. <3
So, if you liked any of them don't forget to; 'vote'. <3
And, I hope you all enjoyed George Weasley's POV.

Much love, tokiwayami

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

[Niyla Black Lupin]
Character Traits:
Birthday: November 5, 1979
Skin: Light
Eyes: Human- Gray / Wolf- Yellow
Hair: Silver-Gold (Dyed Light-Brown)
House: Slytherin
Patronus: Dire Wolf
Wand: Dragon Heartstring
Family Owl: Lux a Great Horned Owl
Maledictus-Like Ability (but not considered a Maledictus by the Ministry): Dire Wolf

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

The heaviness that I hold in my heart belongs to gravity.

Atlas I: Pluto Sleeping At Last

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Niyla POV:

I settled into my seat in Muggle Studies, my mind in a daze. I sat half absentmindedly, the other half struggling for the clearest exposition of how to understand what in the hell provoked George Weasley to hold my hand. Could I be so lucky, he doesn't find me repulsive? I'd like to hold onto the idea of such a thought, but then I was reminded of all the rejection I had experienced before; with him. It being a pity gesture seemed more likely. I was certain; that I misinterpreted things before. Surely by the end of the day, he'll regret being so kind; that he'll come to me later and say he felt sorry for me and meant it as a platonic gesture. Right, he and Angelina are always handsy around each other; it's something he's used to doing with friends. I forced myself to pull back from the reminder, I didn't like being reminded of my latter thought.

I lingered in Professor's Burbage class for a moment, waiting to be the last to leave. I practically legged it to Hagrid's hut for Magical Creatures, I was one of the first there. My cheeks felt like they were burning, and I strained to steady my breath; but not from my quicken pace.— I was overwhelmingly mortified to see any of the Weasleys.

I stood alone near the edge of Hagrid's hut, facing the Forbidden Forest. A flicker of regret growing in the pit of my stomach. My mind was prodding my heart for answers.— Do you like him? Do you not? The words drowned me. No matter how much— how long— I tried to force myself to deny it, it would always be true: I do. I have always liked George and nothing can change that.

"What happened to you?" I jumped at the proximity of Draco's voice, I looked at him. His serene smile pulled me from my abstraction.

His eyes were rapidly searching for an answer through my own, his expression suddenly tense with worry. I felt my cheeks get warm again at the thought of telling him what happened in Potions.

"Hey,—" he rested his hand on my shoulder. "What's wrong, Niy?" His jaw tightened.

I shook my head and looked downward to collect myself. "I—Uhh," I scoffed through a stuttered sigh.

"It's—" I looked back at him. "Does—" I paused.

"I—Well we," I flushed hesitating.

Draco dropped his hand and rolled his eyes. "Will you spit it out? You look like you saw your own death."

"I do?" I wondered. "That's weird."

He narrowed his eyes.

"Okay," I grinned, anxiously fiddling with the zipper of my jacket.