21. Evoked To Invoke

A/N:

*=*=*=*=* = Next Scene

"Love is my weakness

But that's how I chose to be"

There's A Light— Tell Me It's Real; Seafret

Niyla POV:

I fumbled with my thoughts as I tried to convince myself not to think of Draco's annoyance toward George and Fred's opinion, that distractions might not be such a good thing right now. Though, truthfully it wasn't all that difficult, with George walking side by side with me to Snape's classroom for detention.

"So," George said slowly.

We paused at the far end of the empty hall from where the potion's room door was. The gloom of the dungeons made my head spin a little, or that might have been because George lightly took my hand in his. My inhale froze just before getting to my lungs. I looked up to meet his gaze. And then my heart stopped and sank before rocketing to such an acceleration, that one shouldn't be able to live through.

He lightly brushed a tendril of hair back over my left ear, the heat from his hand made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. The urgency to breathe was nothing compared to the struggle of having to force myself to remember everything physical.— It was like I couldn't find my body. I was momentarily out of reality but was mortifyingly aware that I only had until his next words to remember how to move. Or at the very least get over this prolonged shock of being so close to George and having him look so strangely lovely in such off-putting lighting.

Every touch from him no matter how subtle was like the first, exhilarating and left me with the same realization.— I won't ever get used to the privilege of his adoration and attention. No matter how long I am with him, my heart will always beat uncontrollably at the sight of him.— If I had a weak heart, hell he'd be the death of me.

"Can I be yours?" He smiled with the smallest of smugness and tiniest of blush; like he already knew what I'd say.

"Officially," George added.

"You'd—" I looked down for a moment to collect my words— any words.

"—Truly want that?" I asked.

After a second, my eyes found his again. He didn't seem anything but completely accepting of my uncertainty. His lips set to a calm grin, his eyes light, yet heavy with a kind of yearning.

"Right now," he finally said in a soft whisper. "So much. I want to be yours more than anything else."

"I—" I breathed through a sigh and then blushed. "—Want the same thing."

George exhaled contently through a smile, he took the hand that he'd been holding on to and held it to his chest. His heartbeat was so fast, the increase of blood flow made his body temperature rise.

"That's how you know I want this," he looked into my eyes intently.

"How?" I wondered.

My fingers flattened over his shirt, my head pounded the moment I realized my fingertips had passed where he'd missed a button and they were exposed to the skin not too far from his collarbone. My head was about to explode and my heart was racing quickly again, so I had to hold my breath to contain the shocked squeal that rolled up my throat.

"You are why it's beating like this. I've never felt this way about anyone. When I look at you, or even just have a flicker of a thought about you," George shook his head, almost with disbelief.

"I can't calm how flustered I become," he went on.

"But it's also you who can settle the rush inside my chest," George gripped my hand with both of his just a bit tighter and huffed sharply.