New Beginnings-Chapter one

Excitement.

Exhilaration.

Nervousness.

Ravlynne thought that those were closer to what she was supposed to feel as she stood in front of the great arching glass doors of BC Sol. Closer than weariness and mild annoyance at the hot weather. The fact that she had been scouted for one of the most prestigious beyblade clubs in Spain seemed not to have an impact on her mood.

Fingering her bey in her pouch, Ravlynne exhaled and glanced at her reflection in the polished glass doors. A girl with dark hair, piercing blue eyes and a slightly pensive gaze stared back at her. She decided that she didn't care anymore, and finally pushed the doors open.

"Ravlynne! Is it you?"

 As soon as Ravlynne stepped into the lobby, a girl wearing a pink referee outfit with black stripes hurried towards her. Kristina Kuroda, owner of BC Sol, had long pink hair that reached her back and sparkling blue eyes. Trad, the trainer of the team, trailed after her, a tablet tucked under one arm.

"I'm Kristina, and this is our trainer, Trad." 

Kristina flashed Ravlynne a sweet smile. 

"The others are still training...I'll bring you to meet them in the training room..." 

Kristina turned and Ravlynne followed her and Trad down a corridor into a large room with around a dozen arenas. Bladers were spread out around the room, battling one another.

"Alright, gather here. This is our new member Ravlynne." 

Trad raised his voice amidst the clanging of metal against metal. The other members of BC Sol stopped training reluctantly and trudged in two and threes to the centre of the room, where Kristina, Raul and Ravlynne were standing. They surveyed her curiously and whispered among themselves. She shifted uncomfortably, feeling as if she was being eyed like prey to be eaten.

"Calm down. They don't look like they'd be much competition anyways." 

Karaginn preened her gleaming black feathers and closed her eyes. Ravlynne's bey had a strange ability that allowed her owner to have a mental connection with her and read others' thoughts sometimes. 

It was in turn both entertaining and useful, depending on whether it happened in matches or daily life, but Ravlynne was careful to keep her mouth shut when holding mental conversations with her bey, well aware that that was not something she wanted others to know about.

"...and this is Honey and Kit." 

Ravlynne was brought back to the present by Trad wrapping up his introduction of all the members. 

She blinked and quickly looked around at them. Having an impressive, nearly-photographic memory, Ravlynne only needed one mental image to remember everything in that image. She reviewed it as fast as possible in her mind, taking note of each member's unique characteristics to make recalling them easier. 

There was Valt, a boy with spiky blue hair, his friend Rantaro, who held a large paper fan and was sucking a red lollipop, Rickson, a boy wearing a yellow and green accented turtleneck sweater, a boy with short lavender hair named Djanjo, Stan, a large boy with blonde hair closely-shaved to his head, a blue-haired and blue-eyed girl named Sasha and her little sister Honey, who was just a miniature version of her older sister, and another boy named Kit who had another tablet in his hands.

"......An...interesting team., don't you think?"

Karaginn mused as she took in the other members and their beys, just as Kristina turned and asked Trad about the whereabouts of the team's captain, who was supposed to be there to welcome the new member.