El Águila Real-Chapter twenty

El Águila Real-The Golden Eagle, a popular name for Mexico in Spain

The heat of Mexico hit like a smack in the face. Wakiya's helicopter dropped them off at a tiny airport just a half-an-hour drive away from the woods that they would be searching through.

Somehow, the blonde heir to the Murasaki empire had connections even here in the middle of nowhere-he had a private limo waiting, extremely out of place in the rural landscape they were in.

"Get in, slowpokes!"

Wakiya waved as he climbed in, right next to the driver. The rest made themselves comfortable in the spacious interior of the car.

There were long padded seats stretching along both sides, way too much space for seven people, and even a huge screen at the back.

Ravlynne hoped this rich kid knew where he was going-because it was very likely that the driver didn't speak English.

"Eh? ¿adónde vas? Estas seguro!?" Eh? Where are you going? Are you sure!?

"Dammit, the forest! Who hired you?"

Wakiya looked ready to tear his hair out, gesturing wildly in the approximate direction of the forest (that was, every direction). Free looked slightly amused at the sight.

"El bosque, señor. Gracias." The forest, sir. Thank you.

With a mild feeling of surprise, Ravlynne realised that was the first time she heard Free speak in his native tongue. It was nice, in a foreign, smooth kind of way.

The car finally started up, engine revving and spitting pebbles out in its wake as it made its way down the dusty road.

Free smirked in the rearview mirror at Wakiya, who glared at him and turned his head petulantly to stare out of the window. Not that there was much scenery to admire.

"Why the hell did you agree to this?"

Karaginn hated this place already. She felt sickly and the dust in the air made her want to choke. It was only going to get worse as they got closer and closer to the Snake Pit.

The long-ass flight from Spain wasn't making things easier. She was a raven, but that didn't mean she enjoyed flying beside a helicopter to a hidden organisation in a forest that experimented on beys like her.

"This, Karaginn, I have to agree with you on."

Fafnir was curled up beside Karaginn on the roof of the limo. He flapped his wings sympathetically, stirring up a weak gust of wind.

Combined with the slight breeze as the car rushed past palm trees, it was enough to comb back the raven's rustled feathers.

"If I hadn't just flown for hours non-stop, and if I actually had arms, I might actually hug you."

Karaginn sighed and tilted her head up. She felt a little better. Fafnir smiled and lay back down, his wings still flapping.

"Um, do you guys mind if Cuza comes with us? He's nearby right now and he says he can meet us outside the forest. The more the merrier, right?"

Valt glanced up from his phone. Rantaro nodded.

"Cuza? Yeah, he's cool. Nice guy, unlike some people."

The boy gave Free a stink eye. Looks like he still hasn't forgiven his captain for his comments during the European Leagues.

Valt hummed and tapped out a reply to Cuza.