Ambition-Chapter sixteen

"BC Sol, today's a big day! A big, big day!"

The sun was up and so was the team's hype. Today would be their first battle in the European League, and they were matched up against german team Top Wand. The selected five bladers were gathered in Kris' office, excitedly awaiting instructions.

"Before we go, a quick briefing on Top Wand's members."

Kris turned her laptop screen to face the bladers. Top Wand's members were displayed on it, their names and beys below a headshot.

"Their leader is Heinrich, and his bey is Raging Roktaver-"

"HEY, that's not fair! He stole my bey!"

Rantaro yelled, pointing at the green-haired boy on the screen. Kristina sighed and moved on to the next blader.

"Next up is Rodrick. He uses Storm Spriggan Limited Press-"

"Wait, now they've stolen Shu's bey!"

Valt leapt up indignantly. Ravlynne glanced up at the mention of the familiar name, then returned to observing the wood panels of the walls.

It had been a few days since Shu called, and she couldn't find any trace of him anywhere on the internet. His disappearance was well-orchestrated, as all of the Snake Pit's members's disappearances are.

"............so we have to watch out for him and his bey."

Kristina had just finished her briefing. She had been talking about the last member on Top Wand's team, Cuza Ackerman. A gleam of recognition shone in Valt's eyes.

"We've met Cuza before, Kris! He was up on a tightrope performing these sick flips and he had a parrot!"

Kris nodded. She knew that Top Wand was also a travelling circus, so it made sense that its members were performers.

"-And we even saw his bey, Alter Kro-Alter Chro-Alter Cronus?"

Valt was waving his arms about, trying to replicate Cuza's cartwheels ten feet up in the air. His face had gotten all red and sweaty from his enthusiasm.

"Alter Chronos? That's a balance type bey."

Ravlynne recognised the name. Alter, a small unnoticeable change, was obviously a Balance type bey layer name.

"Yes, Cuza's bey is a balance type. Anyhow, that's enough briefing. We have to get going now."

Kris closed her laptop and stood up. Valt grinned and punched a fist into the air. Ravlynne sighed, slipping her hand into a pocket.

"Let's go! We're gonna crush them!"

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to round 1 of the EUROPEAN LEAGUES!!! Today, we have up-and-running Spanish beyclub-BC SOL-"

"Woohoo, we're the best team around here!!"

Valt and Rantaro cheered in unison. Free, as usual, looked bored out of his mind, though thankfully less sleepy. Ravlynne cracked her knuckles one by one out of habit.

She wasn't too worried about beating Top Wand, but she was slightly curious about Cuza Ackermann's bey.

She had listened as Valt described the boy's incredible acrobatic stunts. and agility were skills that he needed to pull those off, and there were also useful skills in beyblading.

"Versus the German team that doubles as a performing troupe...TOP WAND!"

The three members of the opposing team came into view on the huge screens of the stadium. Cuza cartwheeled and landed perfectly with his parrot perched on his shoulder, which delighted the crowd.