Stars-Chapter eleven

The rest of the rounds passed in a hazy blur. The sunlight streaming in through the windows darkened to soft moonlight, and BC Sol made their way back triumphant.

"Great job today guys! Sunbat United is one of the best clubs in Spain, and they have lots of funding and sponsors. It couldn't have been easy back there."

Kristina gave the rowdy group a thumbs-up. Valt raised his arms above his head in a stretch and gave an exaggerated yawn. He grinned at his teammates.

"Fruitful day, huh? At this rate, we'll make it to the European League, and then to the World League in no time!"

"That's right buddy! That's the way to go!"

Rantaro brandished his fan excitedly and swaggered off with his friend, arms linked together.

"It must be nice to dream when you're still young, isn't it?"

Ravlynne couldn't help but give a sigh of relief when the familiar voice returned in her mind. Karaginn was back to her old satirical self. She wasn't the nicest even then, but at least she didn't destroy other beys in friendly competition-

"That was anything but friendly. Satomb was ready to smash me into pieces. I just returned the favour. Besides, it wasn't even a big crack, it was just-"

Ravlynne stifled a groan. The bad thing about sharing your thoughts with a sarcastic bey spirit was that it never shut up when you wanted it to.

"Stop making yourself sound ancient."

Ravlynne ran a hand through her windswept hair. The evening breeze was cold, carrying with it red-gold leaves that fluttered so willingly to their very end.

In New York, trees were scarce and there was never more than a scattering of sad, shrivelled brown leaves on the pavements. It was different here. Forests bordered the small towns and lush greenery lined the roads. Twisted oaks kept silent vigil over the crumbling castles that were as old, maybe even less, than them.

It was gratifying, the change in air. The fiery leaves and the cool weather almost raised her spirits.

"I am ancient, Ravlynne. I have been here since the first autumn leaves began to fall, and I will be here when the last are crushed into dust. My persona evolves from blader to blader, but my spirit remains the same. Do not forget, young one, that it was you who moulded me into this form."

Karaginn paused, then continued, slower.

"Mocking and cold to hide the fire that burns within you, I know you, Ravlynne. Better than anyone else. Have I not spent the last decade in your mind? You jest, but deep down you know that what I did today was not up to me. Destroy when others seek to destroy you, you understand that is the true principle of Beyblade."

The raven cocked her head and her eyes surveyed Fafnir. The bey was tucked into one of Free's many pockets, sleeping very soundly. His owner didn't look any more awake, tired eyes barely open and head bouncing on his shoulder.

"He's an interesting one. Doesn't bother with all the formalities and all that rubbish either. Just has his soul set on blading. I'll look forward to our rematch."

The soft sounds of the golden dragon's snores accompanied Ravlynne and her bey all the way back to BC Sol.

☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤

The lights of the main building were out when the bladers finally returned. The forest was quiet, except for a few cricket chirps here and there. No busy streets, no honking cars, no soaring skyscrapers with thousands of tiny glows lighting up the night sky like the ones in New York. Just the stars and the trees.

Ravlynne made her way up the stairs two steps at once. It had been a long day. She missed her bed. Even her bey was asleep when Ravlynne pushed open the door to her room and deposited the sleeping raven on her dresser. The girl shrugged off her jacket and reached to draw the curtains.

"No, I get to use the toilet first!"

Next door, Valt and Rantaro were arguing over who got to shower first.

"You know, I could get used to this."

Ravlynne let her arm fall. She left the curtains open and settled in for the night. It made her feel a little better, seeing the twinkling orbs of light darting between wispy clouds dotting the sky.

"I know you can, Ravlynne. You can get used to anything. But is this what you want?"

She was fast asleep when her bey spoke up. Karaginn sighed, watching her blader's sleeping form. She rearranged her feathers and closed her eyes too.

Note: The below flashback is in the thoughts of Karaginn, and Ravlynne won't be able to feel or remember it because she's still asleep

It was a starless night. The raven bey wandered through the pitch black void, the spiritual world of bey spirits she was trapped in. The young woman wandered through the pitch black hallways, the mansion of glass she was trapped in.

Of course, Karaginn saw her coming. She saw almost everything. That was the way bey spirits were, passive but all-knowing. Except when it came to other bey spirits. That was the whole point of beyblade, to pitch bey against bey and see how well they knew the game-and each other.

Of course, Starlynne didn't see the bey. She saw almost nothing. That was the way her life had became, pointless and dark. Except when it came to her beloved. That was the whole point of love, to match two people together and see how well they knew the game-and each other.

Of course, in both cases, it didn't quite work out. Karaginn had a broken physical form. Starlynne had a broken heart. And of course, both of that were caused by the same man.

Karaginn knew him as Ashtem, thief of beys. Starlynne knew him as Theodore, thief of hearts.

So of course, they agreed to help each other.

☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤ ☾☽ ⛤

Ravlynne jolted awake. The sky was still dark, though she swore it had just erupted in scorching red flames in her mind. The heavens were tearing open. The earth was shaking. The forest was razed to the ground. The stars were gone.

Ravlynne flipped out of bed and tore a scrap of paper from a book. With a trembling hand, she scribbled down the burning words etched in her mind.

Daughter of stars, daughter of thieves

Daughter of sorrow, daughter of grief

When the raven bursts into flames

Daughter of Nebula shall rise again