GUYS IMPORTANT (does this count as a 1k special?)

Dear humans (again),

So...uh...this just kinda happened this afternoon.

For context, before I started on this fic, I had another OC. Long story short, that story flopped; I didn't even manage to publish one single chapter. But the timeline and events in that book were pretty similar to that in this as I thought it fit both quite well. The cover design inspired this book's cover too:

There are multiple character and event overlaps, and to be honest I actually kinda like that OC (it was my first ever character I made myself and I was quite proud of it at that time) but uh

There are multiple character and event overlaps, and to be honest I actually kinda like that OC (it was my first ever character I made myself and I was quite proud of it at that time) but uh...she was a bit of an Emily that everyone (AHEM AHEM a few people in particular) liked.

So that fanfic was left stuck in the basement until now. Until now. Not anymore. My first OC shall make her triumphant return (with a few changes).

*cue the trumpets and the drumroll*

Name: Kiyomi Shirosagi

Also known as: Kyo (abbreviated), The Underwater Empress

Occupation: Blader, best sister on Earth to Lui

Nationality: Japanese

Bey: Atlantic Mishynx

Appearance: Kiyomi has messy red hair, crafty eyes and a knowing smile. She doesn't take after her brother at all, and the only thing they share are their identical violet eyes. Kiyomi's favourite colour is black, so you'll often find her in black shirts and chokers paired with red accessories.

Personality: While she's much more friendly to other bladers than Lui, they are both equally fixated in a battle. Any light-heartedness Kiyomi had melts away in the heat of a match, and all she will be focused on is taking down the opponent.

Outside of competitions, Kiyomi is a cheerful and fun individual who doesn't hesitate to tease her brother endlessly (it's part of her job as his sister). Her colourful personality makes her popular among fellow bladers.

Despite all this, Kiyomi still remains down-to-earth. She's aware that she may not be the most talented blader out there, and sometimes she feels overshadowed by her sibling's many achievements. Kiyomi isn't the five-time champion of Japan, or one of the big five, but she continues to strive to the best of her abilities to improve.

While she doesn't have her brother's natural aptitude in blading, she makes up for it with her tenacity and passion. Together with her ferocious bey Mishynx, Kiyomi's ready to take on the blading world.

Young Kiyomi

Older Kiyomi (current)

Name: Atlantic Mishynx

Bey type: Attack

Spin direction: Left

Also known as: Mishi, Little Lynx (vehemently disapproves of this one), Underwater Panther

Appearance: Mishynx's appearance contrasts sharply with her blader's. With dark blue fins attached to her paws and a powerful tail with sharp jagged edges, the feline is adept at moving quickly both in water and on land.

Faded runes swirl along her blue-grey fur and long spikes run along her back. Antler-like horns crown her head. Her wide, clear eyes look expressionless, but sometimes when she is pleased, they take on the warm, glowing yellow tint of starlight.

Personality: A terrifying opponent in battles, Mishynx can tear through other bey spirits, easily tossing them aside like rag dolls. With her powerful jaws and razor sharp claws, this big cat is a force to be reckoned with. Mishynx, like her other relatives in the feline family, says little. She's as fixated as her blader, if not even more, on winning every match.

While she can be forceful, Mishynx prefers to take a step back and be more stealthy sometimes. Her webbed paws are just as quiet on land as they are when paddling in water and her claws are retractable, allowing her to stalk up on unsuspecting beys.

Mishynx may seem quiet and brooding to others, and she doesn't care about that. The only ones she tolerates is her blader and Longinus. On rare nights, the lynx can be found curled around Kiyomi's feet like a giant house cat with the icy dragon next to her.

 On rare nights, the lynx can be found curled around Kiyomi's feet like a giant house cat with the icy dragon next to her

One of the biggest differences between Ravlynne and Kiyomi is the bonds with their beys. If you haven't noticed from watching the anime, some bey spirits (like Valkyrie) are non-sentient while most others are sentient (generic bey spirits).

The ability to awaken your bey depends on how strong your bond with it is. Some bladers naturally know how to strengthen this bond and they believe in their beys (like Valt), while some think that beys are just spinning tops that are only meant to be launched and used for battles.

Of course, the bond is also affected by the individual blader and bey themselves. If, say, Valkyrie had fallen into some other "generic blader's" hands, her full potential may have never been unlocked.

Most bladers get their beys as presents, or as a hobby, but few actually believe that their bey can bring them to success.

My personal opinion is that the "generic beyblades" aren't actually generic per se, because all beys are created roughly equal. They become generic because their bladers think they are generic, and they don't believe in themselves and their bey.

Ravlynne has it easy here, because her bey's special power (like I said, beys are created roughly equal, not all of them are 100% equal) allows her to have an actual mental link with Karaginn.

Whereas other bladers like Kiyomi have to nurture that bond for years for their beys to be able to communicate with them, and even then only in the middle of a battle.

Okay, phew, I've run out of things to yap about. Sorry for the loooonnggg and passionate speech, but I've spent a lot of time puzzling over this "generic bey" concept.

Kiyomi will show up in later chapters (not confirmed yet, I'll see where I can introduce her).

Hope you guys stick around till then!

P.S. Just curious, do you think Kyo and Raven would make good friends?