CH9: Battles and Reality checks

A/N: Tigger warning! A bit of violence ahead!

|KABIR|
~Present~

I grunted as the pain rolled down my body. I shivered as the coldness seeped into my bones. My head throbbed the most. I was aware of my injuries, but the pain in my head was the most intense. My throat was parched, I gulped trying to reduce the dryness in my throat but it didn't help. Instead, it felt like a million pins were piercing down my throat.

I opened my eyes slowly and squinted. I blinked my eyes continuously trying to decipher my surroundings. Everything was blurry for a few minutes. The first thing that came in front of my vision was a broken mirror. I panted and tilted my head. There were cobwebs everywhere and the stench was horrible.

Something buzzed near my ear. I tried to bring my hand to swat away the bug or fly but they were tied behind my back tightly. I straightened my back and took a breath. I looked around, my head hurt but I still kept looking. I could feel the dizziness returning, but I couldn't afford to lose consciousness again.

I had a million questions. Where am I? How did I get here? What has happened? I let out a painful groan and grunted as memories flashed before my eyes. I vaguely remember landing the plane to rescue some of the soldiers who had been injured near the border. There had been some sudden tensions at the border. A few soldiers were sent to take care of it.

There was a group that had been creating a lot of havoc. Over the past two years, I and a few of us who are part of TIIS have been on a mission to eliminate all of them. A few of them were involved in dealing with illegal arms while others were involved in making bombs and making various plans to plant them. In addition to that, there were some people who were involved in brainwashing teenagers to join their groups.

It was like an infestation, we find one thing and eliminate it but it has already spread somewhere else. This was something that needed to be fought always and we were here to fight no matter when and where.

I took deep breaths and closed my eyes for a second. I remember landing the plane but was suddenly attacked by a few of them with guns. Nithin Kumar my colleague had flown another plane but I have no idea where he is now. I don't even know where the plane has landed. All I remember was a crash landing and now I'm here.

I grunted and tried to remove the ties around my hands. I moved my arms and the ropes but into my wrists. My heart raced, this can't be happening, they can't win. I needed to save them, I needed to find the plane. I need to get out of here. But I couldn't move anymore. I was exhausted. I let out a gush of breath and panted. My eyelids grew heavy again. No! No! I can't faint again. I need to stay awake.

Ira's beautiful face flashed before my eyes. My love, I love her so much. I want to go back and tell her that. I know I have disappointed her and hurt her in the worst possible way but it's better this way. It was when times were tough that her beautiful face appeared before my eyes. Her voice whispering and encouraging me to keep moving.

I can't die right now! My country my people needs me. I once again wonder where Nithin is. My eyes opened when the metal door clanked against the wall. "Well well look who's awake!" My blood boiled as I looked at his face. I briefly remember seeing his face in one of the pictures that was captured by one of our informers.

Amol, this is Amol who has created the most problems in the past few years. He is the head of this horrible organization. I don't know what gave him to right to think that he's ruling the world.