Officer Katie Knowles

cw: this chapter has a decent amount of canon level violence and gun use, like the summary says it does follow the sniper idea from the show so there is death / death mentions

"Will, dude, I'm saying that if she left without giving you her number then maybe she just doesn't want you to try and find her," Jay's voice came from behind Olivia as she tied up her sneakers.

The other detective had just phone pressed to his ear, his brother on the other side of the call in apparent distress. Olivia tightened the knot before slamming her locker closed, exiting the locker room as fast as she could.

Hailey, who had shut her own locker seconds before followed her out, matching the taller girl's stride as best as she could. "Liv, I don't understand why you can't just admit your feelings to him," She spoke lowly. Nobody was around but god forbid anybody that wasn't already aware caught on.

Olivia glanced at the blonde, and even though she appreciated that she was concerned or whatever for her, she just sighed, "You wouldn't get it okay Hailey? Please, I just want to ignore it." She split from the girl, taking her spot at her desk and pulling out the forms she was too tired to finish filling out last night.

Voight allowed her back after a couple shifts off, under the rule that she goes home every night. And at least tries to sleep. Those were his conditions and she was doing pretty good with them. Sure Liv wasn't sleeping perfectly. The right side of her bed being empty made her feel lonely and part of her wanted to extend herself out.

Find someone to fill it each night but something kept her from doing so. If it was her because of her feelings, it annoyed her. Cockblocked by her own emotions. But maybe it was just her being safe. The detective had no idea but aside from her beloved cat, her apartment was empty and cold and felt like barren land.

She almost didn't want to stay there. To find a new place but moving was a lot of work and it's not like she wasn't the cause of her own despair. So it would be a bit selfish no?

With a low huff, Hailey took her spot at the desk, her own work being finished. " 50-21, 21-50 Lincoln requesting you at 401 North State Street. Homicide. " Dispatch's voice came through their radios, pulling each of them from their spots within the station to their vehicles.

Olivia glanced at Kev in her passenger seat as they sped to the location. "A body at a car rental place. What the hell could the story be there?" Kevin sighed, reading up on the building they were heading to.

"I have no clue," She muttered, turning onto the street where there was already tape stretching across. "We got here first, I'm gonna go talk to whoever called it in, you wanna wait for the others?"

Kevin nodded faintly, radioing for the others arrivals as the detective got out, jogging over to the officers that were chatting amongst themselves. One tried to stop her, letting her through with a simple flash of her badge.

Slipping under the tape she nodded to the closest officer. "Katie, what happened here?" She questioned, her eyes falling at the trail of blood leading from inside as she tightly crossed her arms over her chest.

The officer was a decently good friend of the girl's. She was the first ride along Olivia did as the teacher rather than the student and she kept a watchful eye out for the girl since then, making sure nobody stepped on her toes too much.

"Owner got here about half an hour ago, said he found the body leaning against the door." The brunette girl explained, letting out a sigh. "We don't know what happened tho-" A loud bang echoed through the air, Olivia's eyes widening as the girl in front of her fell to the ground.