VIII

CAITLIN

I roll over in bed, a soft groan leaving my lips. I can't remember the last time I was this sore. It had to have been when Zolo challenged me to the 5K race, and I had no time to physically prepare. I couldn't move off my couch for almost three days until my strained muscles finally let up on me. But then again, that time was caused by physically running for almost an hour at a speed my body really wanted to kill me for, just to win the bet with Zolo. This time around, it hurts in different places, all due to the way Bea had her way with me.

I sigh into my pillow, thinking about how insanely perfect our night was. How crazy it is to think that we actually...did the deed. I giggle and open my eyes, hoping Bea is still sleeping so I can spend some time ogling her and her solid perfection. To my surprise, she's not here. A note is left in her place. I sit up and grab for the piece of paper and read through the cute chicken scratch.

Caity -

I had to run an errand. I didn't want to wake you because I would have eaten you raw and never gotten my shit done. You're beautiful while you sleep. And even sexier while you snore. Be back as soon as I can.

-Bei

After internally denying that I snore, I can't help but laugh.

I press the piece of paper to my nose, as if it will smell like Bea, and close my eyes.

I can't believe it.

Bea and I.

We finally had sex.

We stopped hiding behind our feelings, and it was the best darn move we could have ever made. I grin as I turn to my side, staring at the still indented half of my bed. Man we are two big idiots for waiting so long.

I hear my phone chiming and flip, grabbing for it on the nightstand. I bet it's Bea checking up on me. I look at the screen and it's Carly.

Immediately, yesterday's less-than-magical events pop into my mind. Chris, the fight, Deanna making the wrong conclusion as to what happened. Shoot. I should let her call go to voicemail. I'm not ready to explain. The call ends, and I feel a wave of relief. Until it rings again. Darn it! I know she's not going to give up. That's not Carly's style. With a deep breath, I answer.

"Hey, Car--"

"I want details. Now."

She wastes no time, I see. "I'm not sure what details you want. Are you trying to cook Mom's lasagna recipe again? Because you know that I can't--"

"H'wag ka magmaang maangan sa'kin. Alam mo tungkol saan sinasabi ko. Your sister's pissy attitude and my sister's busted lip. Start talking."

It would be a lot easier if she just told me what Deanna told her. A small spike of anxiety settles in knowing she's seen Bea already this morning. Did Bea tell on my? Does Carly know about Chris? About us? "Listen, it was clearly a misunderstanding. Kilala mo naman si Deanna, laging--

"Whatever, papunta ako sa'yo. Gusto ko makita ang mukha mo habang ineexplain yang misunderstanding na yan."

Coming over? I sit up and look around my room. "Teka! You can't." Clothes are everywhere. Bea's. Mine. Some furniture is knocked over. Partially. When we attempted the shower for the second time, we still didn't make it and ended up having sex against the wall, next to the bathroom door. We got thirsty, and God only knows what the kitchen looks like. There's no way she can see inside my house right now. Oh my God, it probably smells like sex. I had sex with her sister all over my house and she's about to smell it!