Secrets New and Old

The day following what Mumbo had internally dubbed, “The Eye Incident,” he decided that he would search the only place he thought might have answers to the newly formed questions that had been crowding his mind since the very moment Grian had collapsed.

Speaking of Grian, Mumbo was beginning to reevaluate all of the strange events that had occured not just the night before, but over the entire period of time. Yes, there were the horrifying events of the previous night, where Grian’s pained, glowing eyes, angry purple cracks burrowing through his pale skin, and the smoking Watcher Eye still lived fresh in Mumbo's mind, but so did the events before them.

In fact, the amount of strange circumstances that surrounded the events of the server were easy to remember clearly. And the more he remembered, the stranger it all felt. The stranger He felt.

Grian.

The strange boy who’d arrived on Hermitcraft seemingly out of nowhere.

The boy with no home, no family, and oh so many secrets.

The strange boy with the strange past.

And now, Mumbo was absolutely certain that Grian was hiding something. And he was almost sure that it all had something to do with the Eye he’d held just before the storm had hit.

But Mumbo had a problem on his hands, that being that his head was full of questions but in desperate need of any answers. So it was his only goal now to find a place which would have answers, or even just one answer, honestly.

And that place was the Hermitcraft Archive.

There was, however, a small and rather insignificant issue with the Archive…

It was just below Xisuma’s base.

Under normal circumstances, this in itself wouldn’t be much of an issue. After all, Xisuma didn’t really care whether or not the other Hermits were visiting the Archive. After all, that’s why he had built it in the first place. Xisuma wanted it to be utilized by the Hermits. The entrance was open all of the time, with no limit to when or for how long someone used it.

However, the problem that had now arisen was that Mumbo had decided pretty early on that he did not really want any Hermits to know about his research, especially the Admin of the server.

When Mumbo had been carrying Grian home the night before, he was given plenty of time to think about the events that had just occurred. And the more he evaluated, the more Mumbo came to a certain, slightly worrying conclusion.

Grian must have some connection to the Watchers.

Now obviously, Mumbo wasn’t completely sure of this. In fact, he thought it was a rather large conclusion to jump to. But, Mumbo thought it was as good of a start as any, so he formed a solid hypothesis; Grian was in fact connected with the Watchers directly, or at the very least knew something about them.

Now, Mumbo didn’t know much about Grian. In fact, it was clear that he hardly knew anything about Grian. But despite this, and despite the strange and slightly unnerving events that had surrounded his arrival, Mumbo couldn’t help but take a liking to Grian. He seemed like a nice and rather entertaining friend to have, and Mumbo found that Grian brought something out of him that Mumbo really liked. And part of Mumbo thought that if his guess was right, and Grian was somehow connected with these Watchers-

Well, Mumbo supposed that he was scared to lose what seemed like a really nice friend.

So, at least for the time being, he was determined to research the Watchers alone. And if it did turn out that maybe he was right about Grian-