The Sun and The Moon

Grian walked briskly and with an air of thick, heavy anxiety, checking his communicator repeatedly as he moved forward. Behind him, Mumbo followed closely, watching Grian with careful caution.

“So, she said she’d help you?” Mumbo questioned, now pulling forward so that he was beside his friend. Grian nodded as he walked. “Yeah, but we’re meant to do it in secret, Watcher stuff and all that,” he replied, yet again checking the coordinates.

Mumbo nodded as the two of them continued forward. “Yeah, that makes sense,” he agreed. Grian kept forward, his pace increasing in anticipation as they moved closer towards the supposed meeting spot. Mumbo lingered behind a bit as he felt the hairs on the back of his stand up as he felt the horribly weighing feeling of being Watched.

“And you… you don’t feel worried in the slightest about any of this?” Mumbo asked nervously. Grian shook his head with confidence. “No,” he replied, “I’ve known Pearl for years, I trust her completely.”

It had been a few days since Pearl and Grian’s reunion, and the days following had been nothing short of overwhelming for Grian. He’d felt a sense of tense anxiety, and for good reason considering the fact that he’d nearly died after reuniting with Pearl, who he'd assumed was missing with the rest of Evo. And now he learned that not only did he have Watcher abilities, but he also had to use them in order for him to not die. And of course, that only left him with more worry at the possible dangers of that, both for himself and the rest of Hermitcraft.

However, Grian was fortunate enough to now have Pearl with him. She'd offered to help him, telling him that she knew how to help him, and knew how to keep him safe. The only drawback to it all was their need for privacy, especially given the risky circumstances and the delicate balance of secrecy needed to keep peace on the Server.

So, Pearl had given Grian a set of coordinates and told him to meet her at the end of the week. The location was a heavily wooded area around a couple thousand blocks away from anybody else, making it nearly impossible for anybody to guess that anyone would even be here. Grian supposed that this was on purpose.

Pearl had insisted on Grian keeping quiet about all of this, putting heavy emphasis on the fact that he was expected to arrive alone. However, Grian felt that he needed to tell Mumbo about everything. After all, Mumbo had known for a while now about Grian and his whole situation. In fact, he was the only person that knew. And after years of support, Grian trusted him wholeheartedly with his secret, and thought it best to have that support with him when he visited Pearl.

That night after his reunion, Grian filled Mumbo in on everything. He told him about how he’d believed for so long that Pearl had died, how he finally knew what was causing his attacks, and about the only remedy being that he would need to use his apparent magic, much to Mumbo's concern.

However, there was of course one thing Grian had yet to recall to his friend.

Evo.

Of course, Mumbo already knew about Evo, at least somewhat. He knew from the books in Xisuma’s library, and from general knowledge of its history, and with that research he was able to cobble together a somewhat clear picture of the events that had unfolded almost a decade ago. Grian was aware of the things Mumbo knew, or lack thereof, but then again he wasn’t exactly jumping at the opportunity to mention the small detail about how he was almost sure he’d destroyed Evo as a Watcher.

Despite Grian trusting Mumbo with almost everything, he still kept some details to himself. And after a while Grian had semi convinced himself that his secrecy was for Mumbo's benefit and the security of his sanity as opposed to being a result of his own cowardice.