ch-4 (sickfic)

It was India vs Australia ODI match. They were supposed to make 276  and Ishan was on the field scoring runs after runs. he was in a partnership with Virat who was smiling at the boy in action. how could he not? After all, it's Ishan, the heart of the team. 

"he's playing really well for someone who had been complaining about a headache all night long." Shubman wondered out loud

"a headache?" said Rohit

"ya he was whining about it for a while abefore going to sleep...but i think he did that to anoy me tho"

"are you sure hes not coming down with something?"

"eh. why?"

"hes looking tired and I pakka heard him sneeze a few times "

"You did?!" Shubman asked surprised- "why did you let him play then?!?"

"Aare I asked him ki why is he sneezing

He was like- 'aare bhaiya koi yaad karra hoga mujhe'
phir haste paste nikal Gaya bihari"

"Oh ho" Shubman muttered under his breath worriedly looking at ishan who was on the non striking position.

Ishan noticed Shubman looking at him so he made a kissy face at him

Seeing Ishan everyone broke down into laughter and even some Australian players. In all honesty, everyone ships them, even players from conservative countries and like- how can they not?

(All of us agree right?)

So a new meme was created.

But anyways

After scoring a few more runs, Virat got runout. A sad moment but Shubman came out to play next. He went near Ishan (who was on the striking position) and smacked him lightly on his head. And just took Ishan's hand in his and tried to feel his temprature

He was hot (not what you're thinking 🧐), like his temprature was higher than normal

"You're not getting sick are you?"

"Nah I'm fine bruh"

"I don't believe you but As you say luv"

And they went back to their positions.

As the game continued, Shubman noticed how Ishan avoided running and was only hitting big shots.

His face looked pained and each and every ball took a harsh toll on him. He could be seen panting and it was making him and everyone worried. Shubman noticed that every team member on the sidelines was noticing how drained Ishan looked and even the fans noticed how bad his condition was.

Soon the water break came and Virat came to Ishan and felt his forehead

"Bhai tereko bukhaar hi Raha hai zayada wala, captain ne kaha ki jaldi se match khatam kar aur tu rest kar cuz runs enough bana liye hai humne aur century tu maar hi chuka hai"

"Dekhte hai bhaiya. Mere Ko chakkar aare hai gande Wale and abb acchi balling kare bas ye log..dekha to mar-war Gaya"

(I know even tho ye player ko stand by par rakh sakte hai but yk, just go with the flow. And I don't wanna hear ki "aare virat bau won't tell anyone to get out like thatwhatnonsenseblahblah..just chill dude)

And the game started again

Ishan was not getting out...in fact, he was scoring more than ever, big shots came in left and right.

Shubman came to Ishan "bhai tu-"

"Abe yaar ye ball hi itni easy daal rahe hai? Boundry per boundry Aise kon karta hai yaar?"