~Chapter 24~

|Olivia Stacy|

I started to open my eyes, but a wave of pain hit me as soon as I started to gain consciousness. It really felt like I had been ran over by a truck or something. Every one of my limbs were hanging flat, my muscles were sore and throbbing, and I just knew my skin was bruised. I finally managed to gain enough strength to open my eyelids and the bright light from the open room blinded my red eyes for a bit. After a second or two my eyes had adjusted and I found myself searching the room I was in after Jack, I wanted to see him so I could thank him for bringing me here. Also because I was curious to know what happend last night after I blacked out.

Some time passed and no one came in, so I slowly tried to get up and move my dead limbs towards the brand new pile of clothes that was neatly folded on the arm rest of the chair beside me. I changed into the soft but sporty clothes, all black, slim fitted high waisted tights and a slim, tight jacket, it fit perfectly and made me look way more bad-ass than I really was. I threw my hair up in a tight ponytail before I made my way out to search for Jack.

As the big clums that I am, I didn't look before I walked into the hallway. My body bounced against someones hard chest and for one milisecond, I felt a thrill of joy spreading through my body as I hoped it was Jack coming to wake me up. But, as I tilted my head up, I could hear a deep chuckle, not the same chuckle I recognized. I took a few steps back and started to apologize deeply.

"I see you're finally awake Mike Tyson" Enzo chuckled as he crossed his arms over his broad chest and leaned his body weight against the wall.

"Omg. I'm so sorry Enzo, I didn't see you, I'm so clumsy gosh" My cheeks were heating up as I felt embarrassed and internally cursed at myself for always making fun of myself around people. I frowned my eyebrows in a quizzical look before letting enzo answer my last comment.

"Have you seen Jack? I was looking for him, I wanted to thank him but he wasn't there when I woke up" My voice sounded a bit disappointed without me controlling it. I didn't mean to, but I kinda hoped he would be there when I first woke up. I quickly shook the thought away because it was silly, of course he would have other things to do besides waiting for me to wake up.

"Well, I think I saw him training, but you don't need to thank him sweetheart, I was the one who did the saving this time princess" He crooked a smile and gave me cheeky wink as he nudged my shoulder, and I couldn't help but to feel a bit sad. So Jack really did leave, and he wasn't even the one who helped me back here? A pit of something started to sink deep in my stomach but I came back to reality.

"Really? I see, but thank you Enzo, I really appreciate it. You really didn't need to do that." I gave a polite smile and a quick one-handed hug. I couldn't stop thinking about Jack. And why did he leave me like that? And didn't even bother to check up on me? That really doesn't sound like him..

"Okay I need to go find Jack, I'll talk to you later Enzo alright? And thank you again, it really means alot to me" I started to move past him as I was searching around the hallway for Jack, I really did not want to lose any time now.

"Anytime cutie" Enzo's voice started to fade out as I already walked away from him, even though I felt a wave of guilt for just rushing past him like that, I needed to talk to Jack, to know if he is alright. My eye was throbbing with pain and I didn't even want to look at myself in the mirror but I knew I probably had a large black eye from the feels of it.

I walked through a door that stood open and as I popped my head to look, I saw him.
His back was faced towards me, and I felt happy to see him, and that he was okay, atleast by the look of things. He was throwing knifes at a wall, and all of the hits he did, every single shiny blade hit the bullseye of the taped up poster he had put up. I could hear how powerful his hits were as each thud made me startled and to involuntarily flinch. I started to walk towards him with careful steps, I absolutely did not want to startle him and make him aim towards me by accident. I get closer towards him and I start to reach for his shoulder to let him know I was there, but as soon as my light fingertips nudged his tensed skin, he quickly spun around and grabed a hold of my wrist in one swift motion. Everything went so fast as I let out a squel by the impact. His large frame softened up as he laid his eyes on me, and he let go of my wrist when he realized it was just me.