Chapter 3

Tuesday Night (Later)

"Shh!" Amelia hissed as she, Addison and Charlotte entered the house, "If you wake up Rosie, you guys have to deal with her."

"I am an awesome god mother," Addison assured the Shepherd, stumbling over the door mat as they came inside.

"Of course, you are," Charlotte laughed as she held Addison's hand to prevent her from tripping over anything else. The two LA women settled on the couch while Amelia went to relieve the nanny and get a glass of water for Addison. By the time the babysitter had left, and she returned to the living room, there was another knock at the door.

"Delivery for Amelia Shepherd," Amelia heard from the other side of the door, recognising the voice as Alex's, "A freshly initiated future husband!"

"Freshly initiated?" she asked once she opened the door. On the other side were Derek and Alex, who had Owen's arms thrown over their shoulders, and it looked like they were the only reason why he was standing up at all.

"Yes," Alex confirmed, grinning mischievously, "His body has been cleansed and purified with spirits and now he is ready to marry you."

Amelia shook her head and frowned as she looked at her drunken fiancé. "You can put him on the couch."

"Told you she would be mad," Alex mumbled as he stumbled past her with Owen, Derek following close behind.

"And I'm going to assume you are also drunk?" she accused her brother as she followed the trio.

"De Luca is driving," he confirmed, plopping down on the couch and briefly greeting Addison, only to realise she was fast asleep.

"I am," Andrew confirmed as he came into the house. He sat next to Derek, leaving no space for Amelia to sit now.

"Come sit on my lap," Owen flirted, patting his thigh, "I haven't seen you allllll night."

"How about I get you guys some water?" Amelia suggested instead, faking a smile at him.

"Actually, we were about to leave," Derek said, eyeing Alex and Andrew. He knew his sister well enough to know that she was likely really angry right now, and just hiding it.

Getting the message, Alex commented, "Yeah, I have to get home before Jo's shift starts."

"And I have an early shift tomorrow," Andrew lied, standing up. They did not want to be around for whatever scolding she was about to give to Owen.

"We should also be heading in," Charlotte added, catching on to what was going on, "Jake and Coop are coming in tomorrow."

"Well, goodnight, everyone," Derek waved the ladies and Owen.

"Bye," Amelia called, still in the kitchen. Once they'd left, and Addison and Charlotte ventured up to their guest bedroom, Owen slowly made his way into the kitchen.

"Did you have fun tonight?" Amelia asked, sensing his presence behind her.

"If you're asking if I was forced to drink and get egged by the guys for being whipped by you," Owen briefly described, "Then yes, I did have fun." He didn't know it, but Amelia was not appreciating the way he and their colleagues had described the boundaries she had set with Owen around alcohol. As he leaned against the table and watched her move around the kitchen, a question floated into his mind. "Hey, did you have strippers at your thing?"

Amelia laughed softly as she fetched the bread from the fridge, followed by cheese and mayo. "I did, actually." When she saw his frown of disapproval, she got concerned. "What?"

"Nothing," he assured her, "It's just that I owe Karev $500. I betted against you having strippers at your thing."

"Were there strippers at your party?" she questioned, cutting the crust off the bread.