four

ROWAN

"Does your hangover smoothie actually cure-all?" I questioned the curly-headed boy as he prepared two smoothies. One for me and one for Conrad.

Even though the headache medicine I took last night helped a bit, it still felt like someone was hitting me in the head with a hammer.

"Trust me, it does." He sent me a smile before continuing to prepare the smoothies. Even though I felt like I wanted to kill somebody, seeing Jeremiah's beautiful smile made me a lot less homicidal.

"Does that mean you're never going to drink again?" Laurel chuckled, sitting down next to me on the island table. This morning I woke up and immediately went to apologize and beg for my aunt's forgiveness. I told her that I would not slip up again and that I felt very guilty for sneaking out and not telling her. During this apology, I had to hold back my tears or else I knew my head was going to hurt worse. She forgave me fairly quickly, telling me she knew I was an amazing kid. I had asked her if she was going to call my mom, but she told me she wasn't. That didn't sound like my Aunt Laurel, that sounded like Susannah talked her into letting me off the hook easily.

"I'm never going to drink beer again. I'm never saying ever." I had my head lowered into my hands, pressing the palms of my hands hard against my forehead to try and relieve at least a little pain. In the corner of my left eye, I peeked a look at her to see what her reaction was going to be. Laurel just shook her head and laughed.

"You're Rose's kid, that's for sure." She replied.

"Don't worry Laurel, I'll make sure both Belly and Rowan are on their best behavior." Jeremiah promised before turning on the blender. Both Conrad and I groaned from the sudden loud noise. He was lying on the couch, definitely more hungover than myself.

"Good, because they need it, but for real you guys, Susannah hasn't painted you since you were little." Laurel stood up to go get some more coffee. Before I came downstairs, Laurel was talking to the boys about sitting for their self-portraits. I didn't know that Susannah could paint and I was actually really excited to see how the boy's and Belly's portraits were going to turn out.

Everyone starts going back and forth like usual, but I am too busy trying to find the coolest spot on my hands to place on my forehead. My palms were now warm, I am currently using my fingertips as ice packs. I'm sure that Susannah most likely has ice packs in the freezer, let alone, ice, but I'm too lazy to go grab either.

"Do you need some ice?" Jeremiah's soothing voice made me peek up at him. I noticed he was setting my smoothie in front of me. I removed my hands from my head, still staring at him, unable to get over the nice gesture.

Before I could say yes, Laurel interrupted. "Nice try, she did this to herself, she can pay the consequences."

Ugh, she is right.

"Thank you though. I appreciate the offer and this smoothie." He was right. This smoothie was seriously curing all that was wrong with me.

Jeremiah sent me a wink as he walked into the living room by Conrad to give him his smoothie.

My fingers twitched around my drink. He winked at me.

That is a normal thing to do, I need to stop being weird about his behavior. That is just how Jeremiah is.

"Come on, man. Hurry your ass up. All right? I can't be late for my first day of work." Steven's words snap me out of my little trance. Both the boys were off to their first day of work today which is kind of upsetting. I wanted to experience what Belly has always experienced and I feel as if I'm being jipped out by the boys having jobs.