twelve

ROWAN

Jeremiah got home around 8 PM which is strange because I know his shift ended around 6. Dinner tonight was fend for yourself so I'm assuming he must have gotten something to eat on his own.

Well, I really hope on his own. Selfishly, just thinking of him with another girl or guy makes my guts bubble.

When he got home, I was in Belly's room. The two of us were having a girl's night. Painting our nails, facials, and lots of gossiping. I'm thankful for the gossip because it did ease my mind on Jeremiah a bit.

The two of us were giggling until we heard a loud thud and Belly's picture on the wall shaking. Our eyes met instantly, silently knowing it was Jeremiah who slammed his bedroom door.

"What's his issue?" Belly began to move off her bed. Her toe separators were still on along with her clay face mask that was now dry. I still had mine on as well.

"Probably me." I sighed.

"I'm going to check on him." Before I could stop her, she was already shutting her bedroom door. I heard her knock on Jeremiah's door before entering.

I really wanted to go check on him as well, but obviously, he was not in a good mood. And I wish he wasn't, but he has every right to be after last night.

Not even thirty seconds later, Belly is opening her bedroom door with a somewhat sorta slant to her lips. The clay masks made it almost impossible to move facial muscles.

"You're right." That is all she says and I could only assume she was referring to what I last said to her.

My heart began to beat faster, feeling more awful by the second.

"I should go talk to him." I started to get off her bed, but Belly took a step closer, putting her hands out.

"I don't think that's a good idea. Maybe try tomorrow?"

The guilt is going to eat me alive if I don't go talk to him now, but I know Belly is right. I sat back down, picking at a piece of clay that was now dried to my thumb.

"But if I get it out right now, then he can't be mad at me, right?" I tried to sound convincing, but every word that rolled off my tongue didn't taste right. It's been an entire day of not talking to him and it's killing me. I can't imagine what I'll feel like tomorrow if he ignores me again.

"He literally told me to get out, so I doubt it. Just let him cool down and I'm sure everything will be better by tomorrow. I don't think he works tomorrow so maybe you can ask him to talk." Belly sat next to me, placing her arm around my back to give me a side hug.

Gosh, I wanted to cry.

"Okay. Well, thank you for trying. I'm probably going to wash this off then cry myself to sleep." I laughed in pain, giving Belly a quick hug before standing up. I took off my toe separators and threw them in the garbage.

"Please don't cry yourself to sleep." Belly stuck out her lip, sending me a sad face.

I rolled my eyes and scuffed. "I'll try not to. Goodnight Bells, love you."

"Love you, Rowan. Everything will be okay."

We left it at that and I headed to the bathroom which was right across from Jeremiah's bedroom. I began to close the bathroom door behind me, but I couldn't help but stare at his door. Waiting for it to magically open. It never did.

I washed my face, which took longer than expected. As I was about to brush my teeth, there was a soft knock on the bathroom door. My heart dropped, immediately thinking it was Jeremiah who was standing behind it.