Chapter One: Beginning of a Battle

"Kaneki. . . " I managed to say his name. He gave me a sad smile.

"I love you."

I froze. My mouth agape, my arms stiff against the side of my body.

"I love you, Ken." I could barely say it. "I need you." But I really did mean it.

It was very sudden. How he so helplessly fell on his knees, Ayato's kagune penetrating through his slim body. Blood spewed out of his mouth, the thickness of the liquid so captivating. I approached him, wanting to so badly help, but before I could, I was held back. It wasn't my turn to fight, and so I fell backward.

And it was all black after that.

Third P.O.V

Kaneki watched mortified as (y/n) fainted. Her cut hair soaked the blood that pooled around her. Her fingertips stretched far, reaching out to him. He agonizingly pulled away from the kagune, feeling his insides rip apart. Gasping, he managed to relieve himself.

"(Y/n)." He said her name with worriment. Her faint pulse made him uneasy. "God, please don't do this to me." With all his strength, he stood up. Looking behind him, he felt a sudden surge of rage fill his being as his eyes landed on a particular someone. "Ayato. . . don't make it hard for her." His tone warned him, but being the arrogant ghoul he naturally is, Ayato ignored the warning like a fool.

"Shut up!"

Kaneki eyed Ayato and noticed that he was unstable. And this was quickly confirmed as the blue haired male charged at him. Swiftly, Ken was able to dodge his amateur attacks. His feet ever so gently left the ground. This aggravated Ayato to the point where his anger blinded him.

And with a careless move, he sent a sharp bullet aimed at Kaneki. Without thinking about the consequences, he regretted his choice of action. So perfectly wedged in (Y/n)'s abdomen, the crystal bullet dissolved.

Kaneki cracked his knuckles.

"You don't ever seem to understand me." He stepped closer towards Ayato. "Perhaps I should try a new method." And without hesitation, his hands gripped around his neck, tortously squeezing him.

//Last updated: 10.14.2017//

//If there are any spelling or grammatical errors, do tell.//