Chapter Five: Imaginary Friend

It's not that I don't love my daughter. I put her needs before my own and anything else, like any mother would do. But my work is also just so high in my needs that even when it came down to Kaiyo, I couldn't help but choose work over her. 

She held her stuffed rabbit closely, staring at me with her large blue beady eyes. 

"Mama, please don't go." She cried. I softened up and kneeled down, bringing her within my arms. I gave her a short hug and a small kiss on her cheek. 

"Hey, you shouldn't be up right now. It's past your bedtime." 

"I just don't want you to go." Her tears brimmed and spilled down her cheeks. Her lips quivered and an overwhelming sensation of guilt breached my body. I walked her back to her room and tucked her in once more. 

"I'll be back soon, I promise." 

And I left without saying another goodbye. 

Kaiyo's P.O.V

Hearing the front door slam startled me. Perhaps it was the shadow of my coat that hung behind my door that frightens me more, but I felt scared and alone. Even when I'm with the company of Kou, my imaginary friend, I still feel neglected. But he comforted me, slightly I guess. Then again, he always rambled about random things.

Kid, you aren't alone. Just wait a little longer and I'll show you who you really are. 

I'll show you what the world really is. 

I stared at him from across the room. He sat on my chair, his white locks draped across his face. He had this illuminating grey eyes that seemed so gloomy. He simply looked at me, tapping his fingers against the fat of his arms. Not that there was much anyway. He was all skin and bones for the most part. 

I blinked and he appeared in front of me on my bed. We talked for a bit, and he made me laugh. He told me stories of all sorts. He kept me safe from my thoughts and the monster under my bed. But there would be times where this unusual side of him appeared. He'd turn difficult and rude. This was one of those times. 

"Get out, Kou. You're being mean again." I gripped onto my bunny tighter waiting for his figure to disappear. In seconds he was gone and all that was left was the gush of wind led by my window. He offered me company for a few minutes but like normal, I was left alone in the end. I laid on my side, my bunny the only thing left to help me sleep through the night. 

I loved my bunny. I wonder if daddy did too. 

//Last Updated: 22:20 on 07.14.2018//