XVIII.

"No one would guess I had the strength to fall back.
Now all I want is peace and quiet,
for peace and mind...peace and time."
Grieving | Kehlani Feat. James Blake

Chapter XVIII|ᥫ᭡

    "Just wait until I see Harlem's ass!" Kiyanne angrily spat, swiping through an instagram story Nala had sent her. Yet again he was caught him out with some bitch and Kiyanne was furious. Priya drove while Isis sat in the back, listening to her cousin complain about Harlem. They were on their way to the studio where Harlem was with Javi and Kiyanne was gonna pop up and give him a piece of her mind.
Isis sighed deeply and massaged her temples, keeping her opinions to herself. She didn't want to shit talk her cousin's relationship, especially with her just getting out of a similar relationship herself. Isis was just hoping Kiyanne would eventually realize that sometimes it was best to let a nigga go and love yourself more. Frankly though, Isis was half-listening. Her mind was somewhere completely else. Knowing she was only minutes away from seeing Javi had her on edge. Isis couldn't stop replaying Thursday night and every time she thought of it, her clit throbbed and she found herself becoming excited with lust.

 Isis couldn't stop replaying Thursday night and every time she thought of it, her clit throbbed and she found herself becoming excited with lust

  "Well look what we have here." Kiyanne said walking up on Harlem as he sat on a couch in the studio, ducked off talking to some girl, "Thought you were staying in tonight."
"What you doin' here Kiy?" Harlem asked surprised to see her. He knew what it looked like but it wasn't what Kiyanne was thinking. Harlem was innocent this time.
"Nah nigga, what are you doin'?" Kiyanne interrogated becoming animated. Harlem got out from his seat, trying to calm down Kiyanne before she blew the situation out of proportion. They only reason Harlem was sitting here talking to this chick was because of Javi. Harlem was keeping the chick company while Javi was outside talking to Serenity. Nothing more, nothing less. He, Javi, Khalil, Ace and Supreme were ducked off in the studio when Serenity randomly popped up on Javi with her friend. But the bitch was overly thirsty and kept taking pictures of the studio and him, showing off on instagram. Harlem didn't think Kiyanne would find out so quickly.
"This must be your girlfriend." The chick spoke with a smug look on her face. Kiyanne glared at her before trying to lunge towards her but Harlem held her back. He slightly chuckled, grabbing Kiyanne around the waist.
"Come here." Harlem commanded, pulling her away.
"You niggas just don't ever learn." Isis said watching the scene unfold as she plopped down on the couch next to Ace. Priya had already made herself comfortable next to Khalil on the opposite end.
"It ain't even like that, Ice." Ace replied coming to Harlem's defense.
"That's what they always say." Isis responded. Ace chuckled, shaking his head.
"Who do we have here?" Supreme quizzed coming over and staring at Isis down. Isis blushed, shaking the hand he was holding out. The nigga was attractive but Isis's heart belong to someone else, so she wasn't interested. Ace broke apart their handshake.
"Nah, chill nigga. This is Isis." Ace informed him.
"Ohh, so this is who y'all niggas always talkin' about." Supreme said rubbing his goatee. He'd never meet Isis before but from her appearance, Supreme could tell why Javi was sprung. She was fine as hell with minimal effort. Isis raised her eyebrow at that, staring skeptically at Ace, "Oh really?" She inquired. Ace took a sip of his drink, pretending he didn't hear her question.
"Where's my cousins' crazy ass at anyway?" Priya asked.
"Outside, arguing with Serenity." Khalil said.
"Oh God, what happened now?" Priya fussed, rolling her eyes.
"Shit only he could tell you. Here his ass comes now." Ace said, nodding his head towards to door where Javi was entering with Serenity in tow. Isis pulled out her phone, pretending to be occupied as he gets near. She didn't want to be obvious with her feelings towards Javi, so Isis decided to play it cool. Plus they're in the company of too many people and knew they had wondering eyes on them.
"What drama are you in the middle of now?" Priya interrogated, barging him with questions. Javi cracked a smile that made Isis swoon, shaking his amusingly head at his cousin.
"Chill out and mind yo business." He replied, giving her a hug. Priya rolled her eyes, pushing him off.
"Don't get fucked up, Javi." She said, giving him a warning finger. Priya didn't mean to be overbearing, but it was just in her nature to fiercely protect the ones she loved. Javi laughed before taking his seat on the chair in front of the soundboard. Truthfully he was pissed Serenity pulled up on him. He came to the studio to get his mind off her drama. Javi was trying to slowly ease out of his situationship with Serenity but she wouldn't take the hint. Her popping up was her attempt of trying to salvage what little that was left between them.
        Javi noticed Isis who was quiet on the couch next to his brother. The sight of her eased some of the stress he was feeling from his conversation with Serenity, but Javi knew with Serenity here it would be difficult to be alone with Isis.
"What's up Ice?" Javi casually called to her. She glanced up, smiling sweetly at him.
"Hey." She replied as they stared at each other intensely. Isis could tell from the look on Javi's face that something was bothering him. She glanced over at Serenity who was in the corner talking to her friend before rising from the couch and taking the empty chair next to him.
"You look stressed." Isis commented, resting her head on her fist, watching him.
"Cause a nigga is ma." Javi replied, playing around with the keys on the soundboard. He and Supreme had a deadline to meet for an upcoming meeting they had with the hottest record label in the business. Javi needed to be zoned out, but too many people occupied his quiet place right now to do so. Plus his vibe was off after dealing with Serenity's bitching.
"I could think of one or two ways to help with that." Isis enticingly replied. Yeah Javi was still dealing with Serenity, but Isis frankly didn't give a fuck. Javi made it very clear where he wanted to be. Her current mind state of what she shared with Javi was to not become attached and live in the moment. Isis wasn't letting herself read into it any deeper that that.
Besides she was here first.
     Javi was surprised by her comment, seeing the lust written all over her face, "Don't start somethin' you can't finish, ma."
"Only one way to find out." She hinted as Javi gazed into her and rubbing his goatee before squeezing her knee.
This Isis was different.
She'd always been bold, but the confidence that came with it was new. It was attractive as hell.
      Serenity watched the interaction between Javi and Isis, becoming upset. Even though she had no right to be especially after Javi basically just ended things with her. Serenity refused to believe that things were just over between them though. Plenty of times before Javi would m asked for space so he'd could entertain some bitch without feeling guilty and then come right back after things didn't work out. So she didn't believe anything was different this time. Eventually Javi would find his way back to her. Isis was just another bump into their relationship and Serenity wasn't going to allow her anymore opportunities to divert Javi's attention away. However, his attention was already gone. The moment Isis let Javi back in, ruined the chance of him wanting to be with anyone else.
"Hey Isis." Serenity came over interrupting.
"Hey girl." Isis replied, unenthusiastically. She didn't understand why Serenity felt the need to always speak to her. It was obvious she disliked her and Isis didn't see the point of faking like they were cool. Serenity was clearly trying to stake a claim she didn't have.
"I heard about you and Caine." Serenity said, giving Isis a look of sympathy. Isis fought the urge not to roll her eyes. She knew Serenity was only bringing Caine up to be messy. Isis was pretty sure her cousin Paige had already informed her of their break up. From the posts on Paige's instagram, it was clear Caine was back with her.
"Yep." Isis vaguely replied, not playing into her trap.
"I mean it's better y'all broke up anyways with Paige being pregnant." Serenity said making Isis's heart drop. Now that is new information, she thought. Isis constantly wonder if Caine was still secretly with Paige behind her back and if Serenity was right about Paige being pregnant, then that fact would be confirmed so. A child was one of the greatest bonds that two people could shared, especially the first child, so it won't be that absurd if they had another child on the way. Plus with the way Paige was so comfortable with being overly touchy with Caine it wouldn't be that hard to believe that they had something going on this whole time. Isis wasn't going to give Serenity the satisfaction of knowing that though. 
"Aye, give us a minute." Javi interrupted trying to defuse to situation before it went farther. He could tell from the look on Isis's face that she didn't know.
"Why?" Serenity rudely asked. Javi scoffed, rubbing his hand over his face. Javi always respected women, but Serenity was testing his patience and bringing out the ruthless side of him.
"Bring yo ass outside now." Javi said through clench teeth, grabbing her by the arm and pulling her towards the door. Isis watched as they left the room. She quickly downed the rest of her drink. She had mixed feelings about the bomb Serenity just dropped on her but if Paige was pregnant then Isis had made the wisest choice she could've by walking away before things got deeper.

ᥫ᭡