XXXV.

"You say it's half past two & you can't sleep...
Got that come now voice, that makes me weak...
& if I asked you to, you would drop everything, for me."
2:30 | Rayana Jay

Chapter XXXV|ᥫ᭡

"I almost lost my mind.
I left myself behind.
I almost crashed and fell right from the sky.
I took a chance on this,
I took too big a risk,
And now I'm left with pain to get me high..."

The sounds of Advice by Kehlani blared through Isis living room as she sung her heart out, puffing on a blunt. She was emotionally cleaning, trying to clear her home and mind of the thoughts of Javi. It been fourteen days exactly since they ended things and not a day that went by where Isis didn't miss him like crazy. Her heart wanted him, but her mind couldn't handle being with him and also handle Serenity being a permanent fixture in his life. The baby was here now and there was nothing stopping Javi on getting the DNA test done, which made Isis wonder a lot about. Especially when he didn't seem that pressed to handle it. To Isis it was seeming like he was wanting the baby to be his. His nonsense of urgency raised a red flag.
The sound of the front door opening is heard as Nala entered the house with Kenia, Onyx and Zola following behind.
"Auntie!" Onyx screamed and she immediately put out her blunt as he ran over to her and wrapped his little arms around her legs.
"Hi my baby." Isis said, bending over to hug him.
"Girl what were you in here doing?" Kenia questioned, turning down the music on the stereo.
"Nothing, just cleaning."
"Mmm." Kenia mumbled, eyeing her suspiciously. It wasn't a secret that her and Javi broke up. Kenia felt for her sister knowing she probably had been an emotional wreck. Kenia still remembered how Isis was after they broke up the first time. Isis rolled her eyes, ignoring Kenia's suspicious stares, "Where are y'all coming from?" Isis asked, changing the subject before it went further.
"The bakery. We picked up the sweets for the party on Saturday." Zola said, plopping down on the couch. Her phone vibrated and she pulled it out, smiling at a text from Priest about this weekend. Zola was nervous for her sisters to meet him. She knew because of their age difference, they were feeling some type of way. So the thought of them finally meeting, had her nerves on edge. Plus Priest wasn't the typical twenty year old. He wasn't in school trying to earn a degree like most boys his age, instead Priest had earned his early on from the streets. Zola knew once her sister found out about the lifestyle he lead, that they'd be even more against them being together. Which Zola felt was contradicting as hell considering Javi and especially Power were getting dirty money.
"Who texting you?" Isis nosily asked. She knew that smile well. Isis remembered when Javi's texts had her smiling like that not too long ago.
"No one." She vaguely replied.
"Girl, you forgettin' who pays for that phone." Isis replied, squinting her eyes. Zola playfully rolled hers.
"It's just Priest." Zola said.
"Mhm. What he want?" Kenia butted in with the same energy Isis was possessing. Zola slightly chuckled, shaking her head.
"Get yo sisters." Zola said, looking at Nala as she laughed, holding her hands up choosing to stay out of it. Nala knew that just like Isis, Zola was going to do what she wanted. They both were headstrong and didn't let anyone influence their decision making, especially in relationships.
"You'll meet him this weekend, okay?" Zola said, hoping they'd drop it. Thankfully they did.
"What time does Astrid land?" Nala asked. She was coming in town this weekend for Zola's champagne party and they had plans for a sister dinner later this evening.
"She said around 4pm." Kenia answered and Isis glanced at the clock reading 2:55pm.
"Well you got an hour, sis." Isis said sitting on the couch.
"Me? Girl I'm seven months pregnant. You pick her up." Kenia complained. Isis gave her a yeah right look. With the mood she'd been in the last thing Isis wanted to be was alone with Astrid. Of course Isis loved her, but they didn't have the type of relationship like she shared with all her others sisters.
"I'll pick her up." Nala offered, before the two could start arguing about it.
"Cool, ima finish up and then take a nap." Isis said, rising from the couch and continuing her cleaning. She hoped with tonight's dinner she could free her mind of Javi for a few hours.